remember my recent post entitled track rules? well, read the following Q & A article I came across in my runnin' mag a few days ago (I laughed so hard when I read this!):
DEAR MILES, When people at the track walk or job in lane one, can I ask them to move while I'm doing my speed workout?--Michael O., San Diego
You can. And, in turn, these folks can ask you to stick it in your ear. They're doing their workout, they were there first, and who do you think you are with your fancy watch and racing flats? A more tactful approach: Ask the track's owner to post a few signs (Something like Walkers and Joggers, Use Lanes 4,5,6 or Holy Moses, Look Out Behind You!). In the meantime, you'll get just as fit in lane three as you would in lane one.
-Runner's World magazine, April 2009, pg. 18
can anyone say, "open mouth, insert running foot?"
IN MY DEFENSE, I usually give people who were there before me the benefit of the doubt. but it's more difficult not to get annoyed when people show up after me and start strolling in my lane. and they're probably not timing their splits! :) maybe this week I'll just yell, "Holy Moses, look out behind you!" should be great fun.
4 comments:
Oh wow, Gavin and Paige are 1)adorable, and 2)have the same ears so much it leaves me in awe. The pictures are so dang cute! They are definitely in competition with the cutest kids ever.
As for this running thing, I don't care what this Miles guy says, I still say it's just plain rude to walk slowly in lane 1. I figured the lady I kept cutting right in front of after passing her would get the hint but she did not. No she did not. She was probably sticking it to me for rudely cutting in front of her. I don't care, walkers: to the right! Oooh, now I'm all riled up right before my nap. (Nap, you say? Yes, nap because I've been up since 4. Pee, baby, you know the drill).
That article is hilarious! I think you should post a sign on your back that all those slow pokes can read as you cut in front of them. Maybe something a little funny/ornery that gives them the message. P.S. Love all the pictures of your gorgeous kiddos.
Um...I totally think people should just know to get out of your way. It's like those morons who insist on going the speed limit in the fast lane so that no one can get around them.
I have no patience for people who have no track edict. for real GET OUT THE WAY!!
Post a Comment