So we're just hanging out in the hospital.
Paige's blood test came back with a high white cell count and inflammation, so she was admitted to the hospital for an echocardiogram, chest x-ray, and 12-hour IV treatment for something called Kawasaki's disease. She does not, I repeat, does NOT like the hospital. IV? Hates it. X-ray? Hates it. Ultrasound? Hates it. Nurses? Hate. Blood pressure cuff? Extreme hate. Anybody talking to her? forget about it. Hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE. God bless the creator of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers--who knew it would be her instant favorite. I think we've watched it 56 times in the past nine days, just once in the hospital so far.
The x-ray looked fine, but the ultrasound is what we're really waiting on, so we should know in the morning if everything looks okay around her heart. She'll either be on high- or low-dose Aspirin for six weeks, then she'll have another cardio check. After that it will probably be a six-month check and then yearly as necessary.
We have to go in for another blood draw on Saturday. Heaven help us.
(Gavin is having a school-night sleepover at Caleb's. I called him at bedtime and he barely said two words to me before saying good-bye for fear of missing out on fun. Grandma gets Dax overnight. Lucky, lucky lady.)
3 comments:
I'm so sorry! She'll be in our prayers. Poor thing.
I've been wondering who gets Dax while you're there....and praying for them. give paigee-pie a kiss for me.
We're praying for her too. Will she now always associate illness with Brides for Seven Brothers and feel a little sick every time she watches it?
Post a Comment