Saturday, August 31, 2013

Lab rat progress

So they let us come home from the hospital Friday morning, but when we went to pick up Dax from Grandma's, Paige decided she didn't want to go home. So we stayed at my mom's all day, and Paige got so miserable again. Like, the worst day of her sickness so far. She woke up this morning doing much better, but we had to do another round of blood draw. When we pulled in the parking lot of the lab she informed us she would not be going back in there thank you very much, but we managed to get it done despite the thrashing and wailing and clawing onto anything to slow progress. The rest of the day she felt pretty good, so things are looking up. We are giving her a high-dose Aspirin every six hours for three days, then she'll be on low-dose once a day for six weeks. If her fever gets above 101.5 again before tomorrow night, she'll have to go back in for another 12-hour IV, so if you need somebody to fast and pray for tomorrow . . .

We were going to go to the Basin this weekend for Ane's baby's blessing, but our plans obviously changed. Sad to miss them and to miss Alta and her cute baby, too. As a consolation, we got to enjoy Peach Days instead. I bought a cute handmade wallet and purse, perused the displays, visited with lots of random people, and ate a navajo taco per Peach Days tradition. I ran 20 miles this morning, which means all the food I ate today was extra necessary and extra yummy, and that giant taco did not disappoint. Marathon countdown is on!

Okay, I am completely sleep deprived, so I'm off to the land of Wynken, Blynken, and Nod.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You were missed. You ARE missed. I'll call you and we'll see if we can remedy that next week sometime. :) ....Thanks for the reminder of one of my all time favorite songs. I will have to pull out my little record "single" of the song version of that wonderful poem,played often in our home when your husband was a little fellow, sung by the Doobie Brothers. Love it! Love you too!