Sunday, May 26, 2013

Midnight 5k and the pukies

This weekend didn't turn out as planned, because a puke bug hit us hard. We were garage sale-ing yesterday morning when I thought I was getting car sick, but it turns out I was getting sick. I was so miserable all day. I missed Grandma Jepson's big birthday bash. At one point in the day, Leif asked me if there was anything he could do to help, and I said, with tears running down my face, "Yeah. Please don't ever let me get pregnant again." Being so nauseated, pukey, sensitive to smells, and worthless to my kids brought back really painful memories of pregnancy. I really don't think I can do it again. Anyway . . . 

Unfortunately, Leif and Gavin caught the bug last night, so we're all lying around the house today. I really, really hope Paige and Dax don't get it. Not sure what this means for our Memorial Day plans, but I'm guessing we won't be as active and involved as otherwise. 

On the up side, I wasn't sick Friday night, which is when the Midnight 5k was. I have high hopes of running a sub-20 minute 5k this year, but I realized I'm not quite there yet. I did think I could do a sub-21, though, and I missed my mark by 38 seconds, which was a bummer. I took 4th overall and 1st in my age group. Leif ran with De, and they came in 9th and 2nd in their age groups. We had a lot of fun.

My friend Summer took 1st in her age group, too.




We had gone to dinner with my family in Springdale earlier Friday night. There are some great places to eat up there, and the Flying Monkey was no exception. Although, I was really regretting those waffles fries during the race. Man, I love Zion.

1 comment:

The Stratton's said...

I love that pic of you and Sum. Seriously. :)