Seriously still feel yucky. What?!
I was determined not to let it get me down too much though, so we visited the cemetery and then went to my parents' for late breakfast and slip 'n sliding. I pretty much sat around for hours and napped a little for good measure. Why does my belly still hurt?? Leif and Gavin recovered about a day ago, and they both caught it long after I did.
So we piled into vehicles and skipped up to good ol' Zion for dinner and a rousing 5-game losing streak on the volleyball pit before my team won once. We were literally that terrible. Humiliating. In my defense, I played at about 60% effort. My stomach seriously sucked this weekend!
On a cute note, here are some things my children said and did this weekend:
I asked the kids why they thought people put flowers on graves at the cemetery, and Gavin said that it was because flowers get old and wilty and then they die, and people get old and kinda wilty and then they die, too. I was looking for words like "love" and "remember," but he's on a bit deeper level than I am, I guess.
Dax won't watch cartoon/baby shows like Elmo and Baby Einstein, but he'll watch People Are Awesome videos on You Tube all day long. These videos show clips of people doing cool things while skateboarding, biking, boating, BASE jumping, etc. Well, yesterday he dragged one of those plush kid chairs over by the fireplace, climbed onto the hearth, and did a free-fall onto the chair. Scared me to death! I am so worried about his future . . .
I feel bad that I can't think of anything Paige said even though I know she said something funny once or twice. I'll come back to it. Either way, she's pretty great.
*Here's Paige's cute story:
My cousin's son broke his arm a couple of months ago, so my kids got in the habit of including him in their prayers. Every prayer for months. So a few days ago, I told them Griffin was going to be okay and that they didn't need to pray for his arms anymore. So the next prayer time rolls around and Paige's prayer went like this: "Please bless Griff-- . . . please bless that I'll get to play with Griffin someday . . . " I started laughing, and when the prayer was over Paige asked why I was laughing, and Gavin replied, "Sometimes kids don't understand grown-ups."
3 comments:
I feel like you and your family have had your share of the puckies since I've known you. Why don't you let someone else take them from here and never get them again.
That's my advice.
You just make my heart feel happy! And, my cheek muscles love you too!
(Not to mention my belly muscles!) (Ooops, did I just admit that my belly jiggles when I laugh?) (Oops! Did I just mention it when I said NOT to mention it!)
Good old kids. Yours say the funniest stuff too.
Post a Comment