Gavin's kindergarten had a pajama breakfast for the last day of school. He actually ate pancakes for breakfast before leaving the house because I knew he would be starving by the time they fed him. He's a feed-me-now kind of kid in the morning. So he ate lots of pancakes today. He was very excited about having strawberries AND syrup together.
Anyway, his teacher is very unique and was just what Gavin needed, I think. Her name is Karen-jane--spelled just like that with no last name--and she's wonderful. She taught them all about loving the earth and recycling and animals and rocks, and she'd whip out her guitar and they'd dance and sing songs like "I like being me," which was fabulous. Although she is completely obsessed with the color purple and has a bit of a clutter problem, she taught the kids exactly what they needed to know as kindergarteners, so who cares?
There have been so, so many things happening since the last time I posted, so I have no idea if slash when I'll get around to documenting it all. In a nutshell, track is over. So I'm beginning to catch my breath again. Phew.
Welcome, summer.

2 comments:
whoa it feel like just the other day that you were having a meltdown that he was starting kindergarten. weird. he looks so old. and I kind of love karen-jane. yeah blog a lot already.
I love, Love, LOVE your blog!!! Thank you so much for doing it, whether regularly or not. It's wonderful!
Post a Comment