Day 1: Oh boy, were my kids excited about McDonald's for breakfast. It must become a tradition. Kaelee and Heather and their kids (and Chet and Erin's kids) joined us for the monumental occasion. I had a coaches meeting after that, which I showed up to in my pj's at 11 a.m. and felt like a frumpy rag doll compared to Keturah and Tasha with their perfect hair and make-up and toenails. McDonald's will do that to you. Anyway, I picked up my kids from Heather's house where they were playing/doing chores, we made lunch, and I went to crazy town on my own chores. The kids played in their pajamas all afternoon while Dax slept, then we headed to my parents' house for the annual Limb Pick-up Party (post-pruning). I made pizza rolls for dinner, yum, then I had to pry little fingers off the trampoline to go home. I groomed my feet while sucking in Vampire Diaries. Guilty pleasure.
Day 2: Started with a bang at TurboKick with Heather. Loved it. Then some friends came over for lunch and a sidewalk chalk party. I got to have an afternoon nap--heaven--then we walked to get the mail and ended up at Grandma Jo's to attend the Clifford girls' spa days. I wanted to start bath time super early tonight, but we couldn't resist enjoying the lingering light of evening in the ol' cul-de-sac crawling with neighborhood kids. Vampire Diaries!
Day 3: Primary meeting, clean kitchen and mop, car wash at Grandma Jo's, first sunburns of the year, mess up a few times teaching TurboKick.
Day 4: Leif is home! I got to go on a nice run for the first time this week. We went to Zion with Kaelee and Erin and kids and met Travis and Rhonda on the trail. It was so perfect and beautiful. Then I went to Bunco and Leif kept the kids up late to have popcorn and watch Wreck It Ralph. Sweet story: Just as we were leaving, Gavin walked in and told me he had just said a prayer. I asked if he had done it all by himself in his room or something, and he said, "Yeah, I said my own prayer in my bedroom and prayed that we would be safe hiking." I think that's his first unprompted prayer ever. So proud. Although, once we started hiking I realized we should probably have a discussion about doing our part and not leaving it all up to God, because he did some crazy climbing and other potentially dangerous things. You can't just pray to be safe then go make unsafe decisions, buddy. Too cute.
Day 5: I did speedwork on the track, and it hurt so good. I'm on a mission to be fast again, and boy, is it completely different running from marathoning. My legs did not see this coming. Leif dropped his phone in the toilet this morning, but only because his warranty expired YESTERDAY. Wicked universe. We loaded up about 4 p.m. and drove to Brian Head to stay overnight in the condo Leif has been working on. Kaelee's family went with us. We made taco salad for dinner and ate way too many cookies. Card games were fun despite my lack of winning. I like to win. Dax woke up as I went to bed after midnight and he fussed and flopped till around 4 a.m. when I had to get up to use the bathroom. So I got him some milk and he (and the rest of us) slept better for a few hours.
Day 6: We made waffles, pancakes, and eggs for breakfast then began the tedious process of getting ready to play in the snow. The kids had a lot of fun. Gavin easily outlasted the other kids in the snow, and they were better equipped to stay warm and dry. After hot chocolate and a movie, we cleaned up and headed home. It wasn't long before Gavin was asking to go swimming--it has been darned near hot this week. Very, very warm. We cleaned up from our little trip up the mountain then joined some friends at a barbeque and played a friendly game of kickball till the sun went down. (Alta had her baby boy, Kehl, early this morning! So excited for her.)
Day 7: Super long afternoon naps. Awesome. Regular Sunday dinner at the parents'. Read for book club. Read with Gavin--didn't read at all the whole week! Eek. Back to life.
3 comments:
I love Vampire Diaries, too. We are suckers.
you do such fun stuff!! I'm just floored everytime I read your blog. Good for you babe!!
Sounds lovely. It's nice to have so much family around to do things with now, isn't it?
Hope to see you guys soon. Love your long hair. So beautiful (as usual)...even in your pj's :)
Post a Comment