Friday, March 8, 2013

Seuss, Sickness, and Spring Break

Gavin's school celebrated Dr. Seuss's recent birthday with Seuss Week. Monday was backwards day, which I forgot to photograph, but here was the rest of the week:

Dress up like a Seuss character: star-bellied sneetch. He also had a wocket in his pocket.


















Crazy hair and socks day. Also Seuss shirt day. I took the Seuss Google image and put it on his shirt backwards, but you can still tell it says "Google." Nice.



Stripes day



Pajama day

The end.


In other news this week, I wrangled Leif into squaring the rug by our front door. It's been crooked for approximately three years. Paige is quite the helper, isn't she?


I got sick on Tuesday. So Wednesday all I wanted to do was lie on the couch, but Dax wasn't quite ready for a nap, so I set him on a plush chair next to Paige for some high quality television time and dozed off. When I woke up, I found Dax asleep on the very tippy edge of the couch. He really is a sweetheart when he's asleep. Then the monster wakes up.


Tonight, Gavin caught the bug and started puking. Bless his heart.

Other stuff that's been going on: Leif has been working in Brian Head a lot lately. He and I manage a very difficult juggling act every Sunday with his two Sunday callings and my busy calling. Nursery doesn't come until July.

Track practice has been going strong for two weeks, and I am just having a blast with the girls. Our first track meet is in two weeks.

Next week is spring break and I am looking forward to spending day time with Gavin. I'm hoping we make it to Zion for a day hike. We might even go camping somewhere if the weather is as balmy as is expected. Wish we were going to California. Or Austin.

2 comments:

altanoreida said...

I love every one of those Gavin pictures. What a character!

Rachel said...

Or Kaysville.....