I had to wash Dax's blanket. Had to. It was nasty. (His favorite is the soft green one with elephants on it.) So I sneaked it into the washer all sneaky like, but unfortunately our washer is transparent front-loading and sits on the floor at a perfect Dax height, so he found it and the following ensued:
He was so mad at me. You should have seen him snuggle it when it came warm and fresh out of the dryer. Pure joy.
Then Paige sobbed and wailed at me because I did her hair "wrinkly:"
Good thing all it took was a couple of bows on her head and around her wrist to turn that frown upside down:
Instant happiness.
Then these nerds came for a short visit:
Which was reason enough to excuse Gavin from school for the day to go hiking. Ain't nothing like playing hooky.
It seems my "crazy week"s are coming one after another these days, and this one was no exception. I enjoyed all of the things that made it crazy, which is why it's so difficult to consider cutting something out. But man alive, something has to give! (It doesn't help when Leif is gone working out of town from early a.m. Monday to early a.m. Friday.) I truly believe BALANCE is the greatest struggle of motherhood. All of this week's stuff on its own would be no biggie, but trying to be a decent full-time mom on top of it all is where it gets sticky.
Who has time to fill out basketball brackets on a week such as this? Well, not I, and I don't even miss it. Call me mad.
1 comment:
I can't believe you washed that blanket and then had the audacity to have a front loading washer where he could see it! rude.
hehehe...
That picture cracks me up, however I feel his pain...as a former blankie gal-I know this feeling too well ;)
Post a Comment