Man, it's been...well, it's just been. We've been plugging along here: pool, splash pad, library, cousins, Papa Clair's Farm, blah, blah, blah. Morning sickness has improved, Leif has been around more, and the peaches are ripe. All the things I like.
My ultrasound was yesterday: Baby looks awesome and healthy, but I have
placenta previa, which means the placenta is on the bottom instead of the top, basically. It corrects itself 90+ percent of the time, so I'm trying not to worry about it too much. (For the few who stay stuck with it, it can be pretty serious business: heavy bleeding, bed rest or hospitalization, early c-section.) I'll have another ultrasound at 28 weeks (a.k.a. 6 1/2 months) to make sure it's not an issue, which means I have to resist the temptation to find out the gender again. It was so hard not to find out when the proof was right there! We'll see if I can hold strong.
Gavin recently started preschool and loves his life. Every morning he asks, "Is it a school day?" which is hard because he only goes 2 of the 7 days that he asks. Watching him and his little green backpack disappear into preschool is so freaking adorable. I'm excited to observe his academic and behavioral progress this year.
I haven't been taking pictures much, but these new ones are what I found on my phone camera from the last couple of months.
 |
| Oh! This picture has a not-so-fun story behind it! |
 |
| We've spent a good number of days at Shaws' pool |
 |
| giant dandelions |
 |
| superhero day at the library |
 |
| we frequent this place regularly |
 |
| all her idea. even the paintbrush. |
 |
| first day pic with the big, nasty bear |
 |
| cutest preschool friends ever |
 |
| popcorn, smoothie, and a movie night--our fav pasttime |
 |
| his new fav activity. it's a fish, if you can't tell. |
Let's end with some new kiddie quotes, shall we?
Gavin: "If it's a girl baby, we can do anything we want; if it's a boy baby, it will be shiny and new."
While looking for garage sales listed online, Leif exclaimed, "Moving sale!" to which Paige replied, "
You're a moving sale!"
Paige was counting and skipped a few numbers, which made Gavin mad enough to hit her. So I asked him why he hit his sister and he said, "She was counting the wrong way and it made me feel weird!"
I have other catching up to do, but it will have to wait. I'm super tired. I hope I don't forget it all, meanwhile, because it's stuff I want documented--the "not-so-fun story" and others just like it that have made my summer quite difficult. I'll try not to forget it all so you can have the pleasure of listening to my whining. You're welcome, in advance.
7 comments:
finally! you need to blog more. no excuses. those quotes are crackin me up.
Looking forward to more stories, and ...sorry, but you don't even know HOW to whine! Quite the opposite. I'll bet Jed has never told you to "call the WAAAaambulance". :)
ok...i'm praying for your placenta girl...glad you are feeling a little better...maybe i should come touch your leg.
i wish i was there to wisk you kiddos away and bring you a treat...oh ps...had that baby last week...i'll call you eventually. xoxo
Well, I've been away from the blogging world too, and I'm not going to try to catch up... But don'tchoo worry, little mama, you can whine all you want; like Nancy said, I'm not sure you know how, but you have definitely earned the right! I will keep praying for you (yes, you show up fairly regularly because of your nasty morning sickness and your patience with it, and because you inspire me...)and I will keep enjoying your blog, no matter what you post! (The kid comments just might make you famous, though... ;-)
Hugs,
Auntie Karla
There you are....I've been checking for a while.
Glad the ultrasound went well. Try not to worry about the previa. I had it for a little while with Livy too...it corrected itself.
Love the quotes.
Wish we were there to share in the popcorn, smoothie, movie night.
Gavi and Paige are both just cute cute cute.
Glad you're feeling a bit better.
Is it time to talk on the phone yet?
I had placenta previa for the first 18 weeks, but it has corrected itself, so just cross your fingers that yours does too! Yay for the ripened peaches, and less morning sickness!
Glad you have your man back! The PPrevia must be pretty common cuz I had it w/ David. Hope everything will be looking up for the rest of the pregnancy!
Post a Comment