Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Journal Entry

This morning, I pushed Paige in the stroller while Gavin rode his bike to Grandma Jepson's. Why don't they make toys and games like they used to, man? She has the greatest old stuff the kids LOVE to play with. Anyway, my mom, Rhonda, Kaelee, and Heather were all there too, cleaning and organizing. I put myself on kid duty cause I was really feeling nauseated, but it didn't really work. I ended up with my head in the toilet anyway, walked home, and flopped onto the couch. It was lunch time, so I told Gavin and Paige to get themselves a roll and a string cheese, and they played and chased all over the house. Nicole showed up to offer her services, so I sent her to get me some fries and a Dew and some food for the kiddos. It was awesome. Getting some good ol' grease, sugar, and caffeine in ma belly gave me enough of a jump start to give the kids (and myself, duh) a nap and to clean up a bit. My sweetie-of-a-friend Jennifer showed up to say hi and to show me her nifty new set of wheels, then we ate some spaghetti at my mom's and hung out in the pleasant evening till dark.

Lately I've been spending lots o' time on ksl.com watching minivans come and go and I'm getting bored of it. Why can't someone just show up at my door and hand me the keys to my new vehicle, complete with a giant red gift bow? Being a grown-up is lame.

Now for your regular dose of photo randomness:

Little Mermaid at Tuacahn, thanks to a nice homeowner Leif is doing work for. The kids loved it, only getting restless once or twice. Ursula was my favorite.




The most recent girls night out at Texas Roadhouse. I went for the mashed potatoes and gravy. yum-my.

Please direct your attention to my fancy new kicks, not to the belly that has already claimed the comment, "You don't get much bigger than that, right? Aren't you almost done?" Ha, no. If it hadn't been one of my favorite people who said it, I might have been annoyed. I'm not due till January, folks. Near the END of January, folks.       



Is this seriously the last weekend in September already? I like September. But I like October even more! Yay. Happy weekend!

3 comments:

jen said...

How I wish I was the kind of person who could show up with a van for you. And a pretty bow of course.

Rachel said...

Seeing those pictures makes me miss you and Leif and the kiddo's A LOT right now. I miss our afternoons of chatting in the backyard, miss garage saleing, miss the walks, and miss planning Halloween night :) Anyone up for The Birds???
Wish I was there to test drive mini vans with you !!!
PS I wanna see more of that belly. And from what I can see you aren't that big.

Nancy said...

Love the photos!