Pretty run-of-the-mill day today: preschool, walk with Paige, kitchen, laundry, crazy wildness from children who can't decide whether they're best friends or worst enemies. We got to go see cousin Luke tonight, so that was pretty great. He fell asleep at the wheel two weeks ago and rolled his brand new Tacoma on I-15. His body was very much broken. He spent the first week after the accident at a hospital in Vegas, but he was transported to St. George last week for his long road to recovery. What a sweet boy, that Luke.
![]() |
| he's lost 15 lbs. |
![]() | ||
| I've gained 25. |
In other news, we finally went camping as a family on Friday night. The plan was to go to Oak Grove, but the stupid gate was "closed for repairs," so we had to backtrack nearly all the way out of the canyon where we found a spot in the pine tree-less desert. Our friends Jen & Li joined us on our unfortunately disappointing camping trip, and it was definitely sub-par. Sorry, friends. Next time we'll find some trees, cook better food, order cooler weather, and provide better company. Oh, and give all our kids (and me) sleeping pills. :)
![]() | |
| Leif found this nasty thing on the road down the canyon. Ick. Ick, ick. |
So I've "been" to Oak Grove twice: first time my car broke, second time our camping trip was a bust. I think "third time is a charm" especially when first time and second time were extra crappy, so maybe I should plan another camping trip soon. And take my bed with me.
Speaking of my bed, I think it's calling my name. And FYI, Leif is home. No fire. Just a sparking stove at my future sis-in-law's apartment. A day in the life.
Have a happy Tuesday, people. I have big, big plans to keep to my editing schedule for Grandpa & Grandma Jepson's life history. That crazy project needs to clear itself from my perpetual to-do list. What are you going to check off your list today?



5 comments:
Thanks for the update. I get to check off my list "Pick and bottle 7 quarts of blackberries". Done! Still working on "Help Alta organize her kitchen cupboards." It truly is time to go home, but I still have "make plum/blackberry jelly" to do. THEN I will go home. Nelson and I are missing each other pretty badly.
So I saw an ad for this show called "All American Handyman" on HGTV. I think Leif needs to try out for the next season. I'm pretty sure he would win.
I came to saw that we had a blast camping with you, trees or no trees. And sorry for corrupting your kids and getting them all wet in the river. But now that I've seen that comment about HGTV?! I would LOVE to see Leif on that show!!
Is Gavin wearing PINK flip flops? :)
I see Gavi still likes his girl accesories :) Some things never change...
Glad you got that hike in on your ann.
I'm glad you cleared up my curiosity about your cousin. We saw a picture on facebook of him and wondered...
And yes, we will ALWAYS think Leif is the best handy man/hero/ rescuer around :) We miss him.
Post a Comment