Monday, June 6, 2011

Pretty In Pink

Have you ever seen a 2 year old with a cast? (Here's an example.) It's sad, right? Well, Paige has been a trooper since Friday evening when there was a trampoline incident that involved her 6-year-old cousin landing on her left leg. When she didn't stop crying after an hour or two of attention, suckers, and movies, we decided she was probably really hurt. So Leif took her to the local insta-care where they fixed her up with an x-ray, a splint, and some stickers to hold her over till the doctor's office was open today to put on the real cast for her fractured tibia.

So "we" (a.k.a. Leif and other helpers) got to carry her around all weekend. I have this weird recurring injury that inhibits movement and breathing on my right side. My awesome chiropractor cousin worked on me this weekend and informed me it was my first rib out of place, which is the worst rib to adjust apparently because the clavicle gets in the way. The point is, I'm kind of worthless when it comes to hauling Paige around, which has to continue for a few more days before she can walk on her casted foot. It will be nearly a week of immobility for her, and she's been handling it pretty well, but I think she's getting restless. She was great while they put the cast on her today--no crying, just the classic Paige scowl as she observed the process. She chose pink, which I think will look fabulous in the wedding photos on Saturday. :) You're welcome, Nicole. I just feel bad it happened right as swimming season is getting underway here in southern Utah. Sorry, Paige. You can swim in July.



Shout out to Alexis's dad at Redrock Pediatrics. (And while we're at it, happy birthday to her!)


I just realized this is the THIRD broken bone for my kids. (Gavin broke his collar bone twice.) They're only 4 and 2! Yikes. We're going to buy our own supply of casting material. As Breanne and I watched today we decided independently that we could do it ourselves next time and skip the hefty medical bills.

8 comments:

Megan said...

Poor little thing! She looks like such a trooper in those pics, though. Hope she heals quickly and that you all survive the time of immobility! =)

Nancy said...

I checked "I smiled a little" because its HARD to smile when your little is hurting. BUT, she is so danged cute! You and Breanne should try out your casting skills on the doll, just so it matches. (I happen to know that Home Depot has some pink Duct tape right now.)

Thanks so much for the photos and update.

Teri's Life said...

Poor Paige!

But, she is just adorable! I love that last picture =)

Travis and Rhonda said...

Such a tiny cast! She seems to be handling it so well.

Tawny said...

That cast covers her entire leg!!! Sad!!

Kaelee said...

Poor baby! Just think how that leg is going to be even skinnier in 6 weeks! Feed her ice cream every night, I say.

Nat said...

"the classic Paige scowl" ha! I can picture it so well in my mind. she's dang cute, injured or not.

Kaelee said...

Reagan said, "Oh! Oh...that's my favorite color. Let me see the one where the doctor is putting it on her leg. She's being so good!"