Sunday, May 1, 2011

Speechless?


I find myself blog-speechless these days. Can't think of anything to write about. I realized there aren't any new and exciting pictures on my camera, so does that mean I only blog about kids and personal events? Yes? Hmmm. Maybe I should ponder more on the secrets of the universe or analyze America's current political hoopla or something. Well, the universe is a big place and I am small, but "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass." Then I'm going to go ahead and say that my efforts in my little family matter; raising my kids to be good people is a big deal.

And since when is Pluto not a planet?

So politics. Although I try to stay current with what's going on in the world, I tend to steer clear of political conversations because I've observed only one result: heels offensively digging deeper in the spot they were already planted. So tonight, I will only say this: I love America. Refute that.

OK, I can't help myself: my kids are cute, I won a race yesterday, we geocached at the LaVerkin Overlook today, and Sunday dinner was yummy. Everything's normal.

7 comments:

The Stratton's said...

Melissa, you are awesome! Nice time on your short race... :)

Leif Burton said...

Melissa is being humble. She didn't just run the race, she WON the race! Go Mel! 1st place out of 90 women, only 6 men beat her. Yeah...my wife is awesome!

Rachel said...

Way to go on the race !!! You're awesome!!

Everything's normal....other than the fact that we are NOT in the Caribbean and eating 5 course meals every night.

Jana said...

I think I want to be you when I grow up. :)

Nat said...

when you win a race, you do not post it as "I ran a race." that's awesome! great time.

Nancy said...

Thanks for putting the "I ran a race" as a link so we could investigate further. :) And, I love your manner of writing! I want to grow up to be just like you ;)

Kaelee said...

You must have gone back and changed "ran" to "won" because these comments don't match up. Anyway, YAY! for winning a race, for raising good people, for loving America, for being (somewhat) normal!!