You know what Easter is good for? Good food! We had some good grub over the last several days, and I always equate successful meals to successful holidays. Easter candy, chocolate, baby shower food, picnic salads, Saturday Easter dinner, Cafe Rio-alike Sunday Easter dinner.... yummy in my tummy. But seriously though, holidays like Easter and Christmas always reinforce faith in the Savior in a way no other time of year does. I realize that thinking, reading, and talking about Jesus Christ should be daily occurences, but it's just so easy to remember Him when it's a collective focus. When all three hours of church are devoted to the Savior, and we talk about the "real meaning" with the kids, it's easy to feel the Spirit and to gain a greater testimony of the Savior.
So I teach the Sunbeams, and I'm not gonna lie, they're a lot of work, but every once in awhile in that Primary room there is such a sweet Spirit that you cannot feel anywhere else in the church house, and it makes my job totally worth it. Today was one of those days. We Primary teachers practically shove it down the kids' throats that Jesus loves them, but on days like today, I know it's true!
 |
| Classy, Paige. |
 |
The egg hunters. We had way too many eggs for this many kids.
We went to Hurricane Mesa and avoided crowds. It was lovely.
|
 |
Heather's egg ornament tree. Paige kept opening
the eggs and spilling candy everywhere.
Nearly impossible for a 2 year old
to put it in the basket and open it later. |
 |
Gavin got the hang of it very quickly. He was in heaven all day:
candy, dirt, 4-wheelers--can't beat that. |
 |
| The loot. |
 |
| after church Easter pictures. |
 |
Kinda love these guys to pieces.
|
 |
| When did they grow up??? |
 |
| Love pigtails on this girl. |
 |
| Daddy love. |
 |
I wore this shirt last Easter pictures too.
What can I say, it's very springy. |
 |
We had some perfect rain roll in this evening.
After I went back inside a little wet,
my dad said there's something magnetic
about me and the rain. It's true; I can't help myself. |
6 comments:
That sounds like a really sweet sentiment coming from a dad. Like when he thinks of rain and you he thinks YOU. I'm glad your sunbeams let you love them. :)
What you needed was a friend to come over and take a family picture of you guys in your Easter stuff....we did too. Actually we did the whole timer on the camera-run to the couch thing.
Glad you had a nice Easter egg hunt and good food.
paige's easter outfit is adorable. cute, cute sunday pictures.
I LOVE that pink and white dress! I saw it at Target, but they didn't have Alyssa's size. Cute pictures.
I am the same way with rain. I remember one day after high school many moons ago I was running down your road and we passed each other running in the rain. good times are had in the rain:)
Cute cute easter pictures.. your kids are so adorable.!
Post a Comment