Friday, April 8, 2011

Wouldn't You Know

My bedtime routine includes filling the kids' sippy cups with milk and putting them in the fridge and setting out their bowls with dry cereal and vitamins in them. It makes me so happy in the morning to just grab and go when my eyes are barely open.

So this morning, Gavin woke up (in my bed, because both my kids are sleeping there by the end of every night) and I told him to go get his milk out of the fridge so I wouldn't have to get up. About 20 seconds later, he came running back in saying, "Mom! Guess what kind of day it is?! It's a snow day! Can we put up the Christmas tree? Come and look, Mom!"

Huh? My sleepy brain was so confused. I remember hearing the rain during the night, so I thought maybe there was some frost, but lo and behold, Gavin was right. SNOW. In April! In southern Utah! Our excitement woke me up in a hurry, and we bundled up--per Gavin's incessant request--and headed out to roll and throw the white fluffy stuff.





So last night was the Spring Fling Zumba Party at the Hurricane Community Center, and we had a blast in our bright springy colors and hip scarves. I'm pretty sure the DQ french fries and ice cream afterwards completely negated all the calories I burned, but it was totally worth it. Best part of the night was when I won some hand weights for turbo kickboxing that I've had my eye on. I never win stuff! Awesome blossom.

Oh, and remember when I found Paige's long-lost baby blanket 2 days ago? I think this is shaking up to be a rather awesome week. Tomorrow should continue to be great because I'm going wedding dress shopping and to dinner with Nicole and the Woodbury girls (sorry, Kaelee and Natalie!).

Yep. A good week.

4 comments:

Tupou's said...

So fun!! your kids are getting so big.. Love looking at the blog and catching up... I promise next time Im in Southern Utah I will call.. miss you bunches.

Kaelee said...

Lame. Double, triple lame. (about the wedding dress shopping. That's twice I've had to miss it.) I heard about snow down there, on facebook of course, and I had to chuckle while we laid out on the beach while the girls played in the ocean. Love the new look of your blog, b the w.

Rachel said...

What the wedding? We need to talk. If you would just call me once in a while...man especially since it was my birthday and all...cheeze.

The Stratton's said...

Around our house Colby says "awesome possum" and Marshall will finish with "with a double blossom." And you say it all combined. :)