Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Projects

Leif has been engineering all kinds of projects around here lately. The best part is, all his projects include the kids. He's kind of the best dad (in case you didn't know), and one of the great things about him is his energy and ingenuity to keep the kids hoppin' and happy. I was wondering today what it would be like if the coin was flipped and I was the bread winner while Leif stayed home with the kids, and I realized that it must take a large amount of trust to walk out the door every day and know that your kids' all-around well-being was in good hands. Knowing that Leif leaves his beloved offspring in my hands makes me want to be a better mom, if that makes any sense.

Anywho, here's what's been blossoming at the Burton casa:

I bought a bed for Paige at a garage sale a couple months ago, and Leif just got a super cheap mattress for it. So he had the kids in the garage helping him paint the bed.

Gavin wanted a hot air balloon, so this is what he got.

He was happy. Mission accomplished, Dad.

Kite flying: the only thing wind is good for. Leif rigged this super long string to Gavin's kite.
Look how high it is! I don't think Gavin stopped smiling (or laughing) the entire time.

We would have had loads of fun with this setup, but the kite broke not long after this picture was taken. It only pulled him like 15 feet on its Titanic voyage.
Paige wanted nothing but to stay warm. It was super windy!

3 comments:

Kaelee said...

My kids loved looking at these pictures, especially the hot air balloon.

Nate and Sum said...

I am also very happy that you maried Leif! :)

Nate and Sum said...

Oh... and super fun projects. I can't wait to see Paige's bed in real life.