Monday, April 4, 2011

Marathoning 101

Ever think about running the St. George Marathon? No? Well, if this video doesn't get you there....I don't know what will.




Registration opened last Friday and I'm not signing up. My heart hurts. Does that mean I should???

11 comments:

The Stratton's said...

I'm afraid that once I register fate will ensure snow or something on that day. I think you should get pregnant instead or something. ;)

Kaelee said...

YES!!! Listen to your heart!

Nat said...

my heart is sad too. I wonder if I'll ever do that marathon again. sigh.

Nat said...

ok, I commented before I actually watched the video. can I just say I cried through the whole thing! then I sat here making fun of myself for crying. every part of the course brought back so many memories-I didn't know I remembered that race so vividly. I am so pumped for next weekend now, I just wish it was st. george instead of stupid salt lake. we are crazy!

Melissa said...

Nat, I cried too.

Kaelee said...

I just watched it again with Matt and had a lump in my throat the whole time. Let's do it, k?

AJ said...

Ok. It is super late, so I am probably just tired. But I have never even run a marathon and I cried. Now I feel like I NEED to run one. Sheesh.

-Kyle and Emily- said...

I cried too:) who thought running would do that to you! I think you should at least sign up, then you wont wish you would have in the middle of the summer.

Rachel said...

I'm NOT going to watch it because I don't like to cry and I don't like to run.

Loni said...

I'm in the same boat - the first time I saw this, I got chills BUT I am not signing up - it's just too expensive for me. But I do love the course...it's awesome.

Are you doing Salt Lake? My brother, Reagan, is doing it and it's his first marathon. On the ultra I did there was a woman running who had run like 85 marathons. My mom asked her if she did SLC and if so how she liked it, she said, "Salt Lake? Hated it...one of the worst ones ever" Reagan wasn't too pumped to hear that.

Jana said...

Okay, I didn't cry. I thought all those people were insane! I must not really be a runner. My biggest goal is a 10K.