Sunday, April 3, 2011

Conference Weekend

Is it just me, or does General Conference get better every time? What a lovely weekend it's been getting reacquainted with the inspiring men who lead the Church. My testimony has been strengthened.

To begin the weekend, we had a lovely family BBQ on Friday at my parents' house. It was long overdue, and it was so nice seeing extended family who live in the same small town and yet hardly ever see each other. Nicole, Callin, and Bernan came over to watch a movie that night and we stayed up waaay too late.

Instead of going geocaching between sessions of conference as planned, we all had naps. It was lovely. Then we visited at the Shaws' in the afternoon before Leif headed off to Priesthood session, then the kids and I picked up Little Caesar's pizza on our way to Heather's house. After dinner, I took the kids to Walmart to buy treats and the movie Tangled. The Hanks had us over for ice cream after the boys got home from Priesthood, and then Leif was off to play games at the Shaws' while the kids and I stayed up way too late again watching our new movie. Sheesh, we were all over this town yesterday.

I was Betty Baker today all during conference. I made pumpkin waffles with buttermilk syrup for brunch and then tackled cookies and fruit salad for my contribution to Woodbury dinner (after another mid-conference nap, thank you very much). The kids did surprisingly well during 8 hours of conference, so kudos, kids.

A few things I'm going to try to remember and apply from conference:
 -Have I done any good in the world today?
-When the sheep are lost what a terrible cost the lambs will have to pay
-Prioritize my desires and put those desires into action
-Preach the gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words
-To be or not to be like the Savior
-Service, service, service

3 comments:

Kaelee said...

Sounds like I have some good things to look forward to, conference-wise. And I LOVE pumpkin waffles and no one else in my house does. It sounds like you've been having a LOVELY spring, eh?

Rachel said...

It sounds lovely. Rumor has it Utah got more snow up north. Were you guys far enough south to keep your lovely warm spring weather? It's almost summer here in Austin....another few hours probably :)
Miss you.
And Yes, I'm feeling good... just big and preggy.

Erin said...

I guess I miss a lot when I don't use the computer. As usual adorable pictures. Conference is better and better. For me I think it is because the older I get and the more family I acquire, the more I know I really need to listen and learn so I can raise a good family. Good updates and recap.