Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fullness

Yesterday was full:

-10 mile run with Heather
-Leif's yummy biscuits & gravy breakfast
-garage sale-ing
-matinee "Rio" with the kids
-Target shopping
-Lin's shopping
-Easter egg hunt with ward friends
-movie night with Bernan and her friend at our house

Today:

-Sunday drive/river wading pre-church
-Sunbeam wrestling in 110 degree church house (seriously, my organs were baking)
-Leif home teaching
-Woodbury Sunday dinner (almost always BYO meat and a side)

I told Leif Friday that we were going to stay home Saturday morning and de-junk the perimeter of our house, but alas, it did not happen. It's so hard to stay home and work when it's a Saturday and the weather is fabulous and Leif is home to play with! So today I created the new perfect week: a 4-day work week Monday-Thursday, and a 3-day weekend including a day for house/yard/car/service work, a day for play, and the Lord's day, of course. I expect you all to adopt this schedule immediately.

Tomorrow: disaster relief. I swear I wake up Monday morning and feel like a tornado hit my house over the weekend. Monday, Monday. Bring it on.

Our insurance company rented out the theater and gave us all free concessions.
It was seriously fun! Gavin & Paige wouldn't keep their 3-D glasses on, so they watched the whole movie fuzzy. (Heather was there too.)


My kids had so much junk food yesterday
So tired from a long day of play
This was at the spot by Harrisburg on the way to Red Cliffs
I remember coming here as a kid and having so much fun.
Here are some other recent photos from Leif's phone camera I wanted on the blog. Just some days in the Burton life.


She walked over to Hanks' and sat to watch the sunset.

Love it.

Pretending to sleep on her new bed

A regular sacrament meeting activity

We are not handling the no-nap schedule very well. 5 p.m. hits and it's scary. Some days, the couch zonk is simply inevitable.

If someone is sad, the kids will say, "I'll make you happy," and pull this face.

*You'll notice a serious lack of Leif in this post. Remember, these are all pictures from his camera, so he's the one behind the lens, but he was there. :)


5 comments:

Amber said...

I love every day pics! Full days are kinda nice, but so are complete lazy days too, once in a while :) I love how adventureous and fun your little family is, hope to see you this Summer sometime :)

Nancy said...

Wait! Did I miss something? Did Easter come and go in the United States while I've been up here working in Canada? And it is WARM there???? We did finally see some sunshine today, but it had no calories. Diet sun is what Nelson calls it. Miss you all!

Kaelee said...

I don't recognize you with dark hair. And are you allowed to take pictures in sacrament meeting?? ;)Cute pics, as usual. I can't believe I got through this whole comment without an !

Erin said...

I love the "I'll make you happy face." They are so dang cute.

Shannon said...

I love your "perfect week" and I wish we could implement it immediately - I know my family would all be on board with it. :) I love all of your pictures. I wish I had the presence of mind to take pictures more than I do. It makes it so fun to catch up on you guys when I see your cute family! Classy Paige and all.