Saturday, April 2, 2011

Firsts and Regulars

This week brought a few firsts for the year: first lawn mowing, first sunburns, first soccer games, and first 80-degree weather. It made me realize I absolutely, positively love spring, and that I am definitely not ready for summer yet. Don't get me wrong, summer is great, but it always seems like spring is so fleeting. Sadly, the blossoms have already come and gone. I'm glad Easter is so late this year; it drags out the delightful ambiance of springtime.

Of course you know that come spring, summer, winter, or fall, I will always regularly post pictures of my kids--even if the photos have no connection to the text. Case in point:

One of the highlights of childhood.
It is one of Gavin's favorite pastimes.

Gavin's latest hobby: all things TAPE. He recently folded a straw in half, taped it that way, and called it a rocket ship. Naturally.
Paige has wicked bedhead. Example #1.
Example #2.
And #3. Thank heaven for detangling spray.


5 comments:

Nancy said...

Hey! Do you know how much goop and spray I have to use to get MY hair to stand up like that? Perhaps I just need styling lessons from our Paigie Pie.

The Stratton's said...

I love that hair!

Rachel said...

Love Love Love It!!!!

Yomama said...

I had a lot of catching up to do (you're my blog hero, remember), so I'm only commenting once. But it was great to read about your race!!And funny to read about the ensuing relaxed days... Reading the slow days first was a little confusing; I can't picture these two sides of you - the super runner and the recoverer. ;-)
As usual, thanks for making blogging worthwhile!
Love you all,
Auntie Karla

Kaelee said...

Oh my, that hair. Makes my fingers itch for a brush! You blogged crazy on me, you have three new posts!