Monday, March 14, 2011

Camping 2011 Begins

Spring is here, people. Spring is one of those words that feels onomatopoeic. I swear it was just winter, then suddenly....Bam! Zap! SPRING! So we decided to take advantage, and our maiden voyage to "Camping 2011" landed us at Toquerville Falls. This is a place I hadn't been to since I was a kid, and I wanted to check it out along with its nearby geocaches. We left Friday around sundown with Chet, and Marcus met us there. It was a very quick trip, but it was enough to get me excited about re-organizing my camp boxes, rediscovering the joys of dirt and dutch ovens, and renewing my zest for outdoors life.

Erin and Easton and many of the Shaws met us Saturday morning with their ATVs to play for awhile.
4-wheeling across the river
I think Paige's face had a little reaction to the sunscreen I used because it got all red and puffy. Oh yeah, and there's a lizard on her back. They loved it!
Cute, tired-looking boy with his new lizard friend.
I was surprised Gavin caught the critter all by himself! Leif's initial catch must have slowed the little guy down. So proud.
This was a bumpy ride, so he must have been beat.
The waterfalls were nifty. See Paige's puffiness? And did I forget to mention she has wicked bedhead?
She asked Leif for his sunglasses and told him to take a picture of her. Isn't she great?
In other news, my 15 miler on Friday is over (thank Heaven), my car door is fixed (thanks, Leif!), and my sister and her family who live in Japan are safe. Good stuff all around.

6 comments:

Nat said...

I am beyond jealous about this camping excursion. Please can we go camping next time we are down? And yes Paige is pretty great. We quote her frequently.

HeatherStout said...

Only your kids would be posing with a lizard on their back. Classic.

Erin said...

Paige and those sunglasses are awesome and the fact that she asked for them is even better. Way to camp it out. Next time maybe I'll brave it too.

Kaelee said...

Your guys's posts make us miss your kids (that is an awesome sentence, referring to you and Heather and Erin). And you guys, of course, but mostly your kids.

Kaelee said...

well, that's not really true. we miss y'all too, we can't wait to have a REAL game night.

D/E G said...

We just did the camping thing too--gotta love warmer climates! :) Can't wait to see the cousin fams in a few! Your kids look so cute w/ the lizards on them--Leif seems to bring out the lizard wearing in all of us! ;)
Emily
P.S. I love all the other stuff you put on here too--I'm just trying to be fast!