This is the greatest race ever. Last year we had so much fun we decided to make it a tradition, and this year did not disappoint. Team "Twinkle Toes," adorned with glitter, took 6th of 33 in the female division and 33rd of 98 overall. I am so proud of my team because the top 3 girls' teams were hand-picked to be fast (I don't know about teams #4 and #5). The fact that we are sisters makes it kinda awesome, if I do say so myself. :) Our cousins, the Sanders, put together a siblings team as well, and we finished 3 minutes behind them so we got to hang out together the whole day, which was just wonderful. Thanks Travis, Char, Halie, Kylie, and Shane for competing with us and for bringing such a great crowd to cheer the whole day!
 |
| Looking alive at the starting line at Gunlock Reservoir. From left: Nicole, Natalie, Erin, Heather, Melissa |
 |
| Erin, Leg #1. Double knot those things! |
 |
| Leg #2 with van support. Isn't she happy? |
 |
| Isn't she great? Go Char. |
|
 |
| Nat, Leg #3. |
 |
| Stretching, etc. on Heather's Leg #4. |
 |
| H2O support at Leg #5. I felt great here. |
 |
| These guys had awesome team spirit. |
 |
| The Sanders posse. |
 |
| I love that Natalie's face is the one in focus. |
 |
| Leg #9 near Sand Hollow. Great views. |
 |
| Leg #10! It was hard but not windy, hallelujah. |
 |
| What cold water? My kids are part fish. |
 |
| Finish line supporters. |
 |
| Gavin asked my mom to take this pic. |
 |
| The front view. |
 |
| Fabulous natural ice bath. |
 |
| Leif sneak-peeking at my medal. | | | | |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| Go team Twinkle Toes! |
|
 |
| The competitors after the awards banquet. |
9 comments:
I love it! How great it is to have so many fun sisters. Way to go.
Are you the one who began all that running craziness? You gals are amazing!
I think I've said this before, but I want to be you when I grow up. :) You ROCK!!
It was such a fun day and race! You did so awesome and are seriously a fast chick. I was glad to be a part of this fun tradition and am excited to get faster like you!
geeze, you never cease to amaze me!
I'm sitting in my office, freezing because I was just out helping Nelson with the cows in the muck and snow. And here, in all your photos, you girls are in sleeveless shirts and shorts, and standing in water! Are we even in the same State?!!! So proud of all of you! : )
so many awesome pictures! Paige looks even skinnier without a diaper. Actually, I think everyone got skinnier since I left except me! Rude. Love the one with Gavin and Caleb, too.
Pretty awesome you guys, as always!
Here I am, being the fan from afar again... But I have to ask: how likely is it that FIVE sisters all run, much less compete together in marathons??? I bet Kaelee hates missing out...
Hey - did you all get tatoos for the event? ;-) Cute touch.
I feel as Alta does, but I think it will have to be in a next life. :-/
As always,
Auntie Karla
Post a Comment