Monday, December 20, 2010

Stuff

Saturday was busy and fun. Of course it was raining for the Hostess Half Marathon because it's been doing that non-stop, and of course I loved every minute of it because rain is my favorite running weather.
See how happy we are at mile 11? Can't beat that.

I did not know Heather was trying not to puke till I saw this picture on her blog. It's funny because she didn't. OK, it would be funny if she did too.

(Jada,) Casey, (Beckham,) Heather, Travis, me.
Casey and Travis' debut half marathon--not too shabby, boys. We were all frozen by now.

We saw Santa twice that day: once at the Festival of Trees (above) and again at the Jepson Family Christmas Party that night. Gavin loved it, asking for a race car and a Spider-Man bike respectively. We might be 1 for 2 there.

Paige...not so much loving it. She had a death grip on my shirt. Both hands.

The kiddos acted out the Nativity. Classic.

And we sang Christmas carols, ate yummy food, and enjoyed being with family we don't get to see as much as we did when we were younger.

It was a good day...only somebody was missing. Leif headed north for work last Monday and he has been missed sorely. Especially Sunday. Sundays are the worst when Leif is gone. At least he'll be home for Christmas. Yay! Can't wait to see my kids on Christmas morn.



4 comments:

Kaelee said...

Um, excuse me? Imagine my surprise when you said "only somebody was missing" and then you said "Leif". Not even an honorable mention for us? Come on! Good job on the half, although I am disappointed at the lack of appreciation for the hostess. I would have LOVED every second of eating that stuff.

Leif Burton said...

I have the cutest family ever! Commuting to work is not fun. I sure love you guys!

Tawny said...

you are so amazing. way to be!

Amber said...

Awesome! One day I'll enjoy running. Or not :-)