Monday, December 6, 2010

A Burton Thanksgiving

Turns out our house is as close to halfway between Ontario, California and Upalco, Utah as it could be, so the Burtons convened here for Thanksgiving this year! Good times were had by all despite non-ideal temperatures. Jed, Leona, and kids and Nelson, Nancy, and Ane showed up late Tuesday night, with De, Ben, and Leona's sister Candy joining us Wednesday. We had a full house, but we missed Kat, Alta, Michael, and Elder Burton.

Ben, Jed, Leif, Nelson
It was so much colder than it looks! But what a view.

Reid, William, Gavin, Paige
The kiddie table

That was a good pie, as were all of them. And who knew pumpkin pie can cause heartburn? I was very sad.

De, Matt, Nicole, Layne
The boys joined the Jepson clan for two nights of soccer in the gym.

I. Love. This. Picture.

Fun in the driveway.

Paige and Grandma Nancy
We had a great time hiking Three Falls on Friday.

Ben, Ane, Gavin
I love the three-level symmetry of this one. Everybody's going somewhere.

Nelson, Gavin
My boy is a natural climber!

I found this homemade bong stashed in a crevice. Unfortunately it was empty.

The kids had a ball breaking ice. OK, the adults broke some too.

Leif, Paige, Melissa, Candy Gentry, William, Reid, Gavin, Jed

We left no frozen spot untouched.

De, Adaire
Leona's relief baby carrier

Ben, Ane, Gavin, De, Nancy, Nelson, Leona, William, Jed,
Adaire, Reid, Candy Gentry, Melissa, Paige, Leif

The whole clan

We hiked up the backside of Mollie's Nipple (yep, that's the real name) on Saturday but didn't enjoy it as much as Three Falls because we were too worried about the kids falling off a cliff! The kids got to trade for toys in the geocache though, so I guess it was worth it.

Of course, the weather has been much lovelier since everybody went home, but at least we were able to use the back porch as a second fridge.

Thanks for coming, people!

5 comments:

Kaelee said...

I love that picture of Paige too, what was she doing? It looks like Tatum's pretend asleep face. So sweet.

Rachel said...

Your hair is totally adorable.

HeatherStout said...

We missed you guys all this week:( But I guess in-laws need some time, too. Funny, I always thought Mollie spelled her name with a Y.

Leona said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for hosting and letting us invade your home! We'll have to do it again!

Emilie said...

I'm loving your hair.

And we are looking forward to the reunion next summer.

And we had the same "cold" spell, but now we are back to 80s. 80s in december? yeah, weird.

Miss you guys!