Sunday, December 5, 2010

Expedition Relay

I ran in a 50-mile relay yesterday, and my team was totally rad. Really. We were the "Flash Dashers" and dressed in 80s wear. I crimped my hair and wore blue eyeshadow, leg warmers, neon, and a shirt holder (does that thing have an official name?). Mandi brought a Walkman with Milli Vanilli, Paula Abdul, and New Kids on the Block tapes. Awesome, right? We were in it to win it, but unfortunately, an unnamed team member took a wrong turn, adding more than a mile to our race in the final hour and relinquishing the #1 female team title to some chicks in tutus (flashbacks). While our lost sheep was finding her way back on track, another team gained ground on us, so we ended up 3rd. It was all fine in the end, though, because we won the best dressed award at the awards banquet last night and took home gift certificates to Rebel Sports, which was the best award of the night. Not too shabby.

Renee, me, Aimee (her bangs are my fav), Mandi, Shelly
Thanks for the memories, girls!

I wanted to crimp my hair for church today.

The loot. Notice the "tapes" shirt.

2 comments:

Yomama said...

Wow. I'm sure glad you keep posting, even though I feel like a turtle reading about an eagle... (Hope that comparison gets the feeling across.)What a woman you are! And what a family you have, supporting your running career! ;-)
Congrats on dressing up for a decade you were barely alive for... and for your win!
Hugs,
Auntie Karla

Kaelee said...

Nice. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm jealous. I want to be running races. I love the crimped look, I dare you to do it in real life.