Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sick and Busy....and Happy

Well, it's been good and busy around here, despite all the sicknesses. Heather and I did 15 miles Friday morning, and I'm remembering how hard it is to train for a marathon. It was Casey and Caleb's birthdays, so we went to McD's for lunch and swimming at Shaws' later. I left early because Paige was getting pretty sickly. I hate it when my kids are sick! It's the saddest thing in the world.

Leif stayed up with her most of the night while I was feeling sick in my bed. Then Leif was in the Ivins parade yesterday and had a booth at their city park, so my mom and I took the kids over to show our support, even though some of us didn't feel well. But it was fun (pictures later). Our colds and/or croup kept us from going to church today, so we decided to go for a Sunday drive to Kolob to avoid lazing around the house all day and to enjoy some of God's creations. We love our kids so much! They are such a joy to be with, especially in the mountains.

Leif brought home a new family member, Chester, that the kids are enjoying. Sometimes Gavin calls him Rover. Don't know why.

It kind of rained yesterday, so Gavin and I went out to enjoy, and he had to run back inside to get his "brella," this funny-looking hat that came with his backpack.

Sunday morning breakfast. Those bar stools were the best garage sale purchase. Or "sale garage" according to Gavin. Paige fits as many of those things in her mouth as she can. So cute.

Somebody was feeling silly. (Look for the added "1.")

Love these three kids.

Giant dandelions (not sure what they're really called) make for some good wishin'.

Those quads! I'd punch a baby to have a set of those for the marathon! And you should see his calf muscles.

Checking out the sailboat.

I was there, too.

Precious moment. Precious precious.

Another precious moment: Natalie finally buckled down and said yes to the most patient guy in the world. We are so excited to have you in the family, Matt! Finally. The big day is set for September 25th.

3 comments:

jen said...

Don't punch my baby.

Erin said...

Cute Paige. I love her with our baby, she is just the sweetest. What's with all the sickness lately?

Kaelee said...

I swear I commented on this. Do your kids love the fish? Do they grab it out with their hands? I can imagine Paige doing that. I love the picture where 'you're there too' because Paige is totally getting mad at Gavin for something like being too close. Something Tatum would do. And I love Gavin's rain hat. I love a lot of things when I'm gone.