Last week was weird. First, I had that post-vacation feeling and list of things to do, which is weird and uncomfortably out of routine but trying to get back into routine. Then, a very close relative of mine was in the hospital and found out she has gallbladder disease. Bummer. (Some names in this post are withheld to protect the privacy of the subject.) Also, my sister had a minor surgery on Tuesday. Next, my brother and his wife had their first baby. Good news. Then, Officer Larry pulled my sister and me over for her car's broken tail light. Not so weird....until Grandma had a random car accident with herself and a rock wall. Officer Larry was there. The next day, a car parked at my parents' house was involved in a hit-and-run accident. Of course, Officer Larry was the cop to arrive at the scene. There were several jokes passed about our family getting into so much trouble in one week, but all the kids got police badges, so score there.
I guess that's all. It felt a lot weirder than it sounds. It felt like we had a family member either in the hospital or involved with the cops at any given time. I guess when you travel through several different time zones and back again in one week, things get out of whack for everyone around you. Lucky them. Hopefully this week will be nice and normal. Stay tuned for a long-overdue vacation recap.
3 comments:
Wow ! That's one way to "get back in the swing of things". Hope this week is a quiet normal week filled with screaming kids, dishes, and laundry...oh and sending friends pictures :)
So I was telling Lance that after spending a week with you guys I miss you MORE than I did before the cruise. Blast that job offer...erm..I mean congrats!
you left out half of those things when you "filled me in" after I got off the cruise. who got the minor surgery? and whose car was it? I need so many more details! blast protecting people's privacy! I'll call you later.
Man, I missed getting police badges! Guess we left a few minutes before Office Larry showed up.
Looking forward to seeing cruise pictures.
Post a Comment