Gavin came up to me tonight and said, "Mom, I have hiccups in my mouth. See?" And then he stood in front of me, with mouth wide open until the next hiccup came out, and then we laughed and laughed. I said, "You DO have hiccups in your mouth! I saw them!" And since it got such a great response the first time, naturally he repeated the ruse again and again, getting more and more laughter, because let's face it, something like that gets funnier every time.
My brother swears that you can get rid of hiccups instantly by drinking a glass of water with a paper towel over the top of the glass (acting as a sort of filtration system, I guess).
Anybody else have a not-so-usual hiccup trick?
p.s. That brother (Chet) also became a dad today! Yay for brand new, itty bitty nephews!
6 comments:
I get rid of hiccups by eating something.
I don't think anything works. And have you noticed that once you get them once, you tend to get them a few times in the next few days?
spoonful of peanut butter (never worked for me)
drinking like a dog (never worked either)
standing straight as a board with your chin up -- imagining that board goes straight down your throat and deep diaphram breaths...WORKS EVERY TIME!
I was going to suggest drinking upside down, a tablespoon of vinegar and sugar mixed (yuck - that was our Mom's cure, but I never tried it again after the first time). But I will be trying Emilie's next time!!
Thanks for another delightful post!
Hugs,
Auntie Karla
P.S. I will e-mail you parts of my presentation in a few weeks, when I have time to BREATHE (hopefully)!
Oh- and welcome back!!!
Auntie KC
Bryan recommends getting a glass of water and a spoon, then holding the spoon to your forehead with one hand while drinking the water. It worked for me once; I can't remember if I've tried it more than that. =)
Post a Comment