Monday, May 17, 2010

The Cruise....Finally....and in No Particular Order

I think this is a great picture. This boy should have been born with fins attached to his feet. He LOVES snorkeling/diving.


We spent a lot of time doing this.


The chicas.

The food. Oh, the food!

The only time we got in the hot tub.

I totally kicked trash in this trivia game show and got to bring home
the coveted Ship on a Stick trophy. Good times.

Leif exploring a shipwreck....very cool.

Stingray City, Grand Cayman. We even got to kiss it!

Ship shot--with awesome-looking tourists in the foreground.

The girls all gussied up.

And the boys.

We ROCKED it on the dance floor!

Our adorable server, Lucio, table dancing.

I like this one because you can see the sun rays and because I'm pinching something but I don't remember what it was. Gum?

Fun day at Isla Roatan.

Love this one. Even though it was very windy, we spent a lot of time on the top decks.

Zipline in Roatan.

The monkeys were almost funner than the ziplines! So cute.

Food shot. Good stuff.

The thing I miss most from the cruise: walking into a clean room, finding a friendly critter on my bed next to tomorrow's planned activities, and climbing into a freshly made bed with crisp sheets. Is it really so much to ask to have such treatment at home? :)

And this. Our room looked straight out the back of the ship and it was very close to the bottom. So so cool. Maybe the picture is too dark to see.

Oh yeah, and the food.

And of course, the friends! Thanks for the memories, guys.

The #1 thing I do NOT miss about the cruise: missing my kids so much it hurt!

A MILLION thanks to Grandma Jo & Co. for keeping our kids alive and fed while we were vacationing. I promise we'll never leave them that long again.

11 comments:

jen said...

wow.

that's all i can say.

Rachel said...

Never leave them that long again??? What about next time we go cruisin'??
Sometimes I don't like to look at the pictures because it makes me sad I'm not there right now or don't get to look forward to it again for the next three months :)
It was really lovely....and the FOOD!!!!

HanksFam said...

You inspired me so much (or I'm jealous...whatever) that I spent part of my morning researching for our 10 year anniversary trip for next summer. Yes, I will be looking forward to this trip for a whole year!

HeatherStout said...

A) Thank you for coming back alive. I love your kids to pieces, but I'm pretty sure they would prefer you and Leif to raise them. B) I love the picture with you and Leif on deck; awesome. C) We're totally going next time.

Travis and Rhonda said...

What a FUN time for you guys!! Love ALL the pictures, it's almost as good as being there myself--okay, not really.

Tawny said...

Way to go and have fun!! you deserved the break, the kiddies will recover. :) but you might not. :)

Amber said...

super fun! glad that you traveled safely and could leave the kidos- haven't done that for longer than a weekend. Good for you!

Nat said...

family cruise 2012. see you there.

Megan said...

Sounds like an amazing time! Love that you got so many great pics. I always forget to take pics if I'm having fun. =)

Melodi said...

Looks like you had a blast. Loved that the monkeys were climbing all over you! Loved the sting ray pic too! I'm glad you were able to escape and have some fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm! I almost forgot how awesome that cruise was. Thanks for posting some pics we hadn't seen yet!