Monday, May 31, 2010

Adieu, May

One day in May I decided to see if I could make it to the end of the month without turning on the air conditioner. I HATE watching my electricity bill skyrocket during the summer! But I also hate being hot, so I pay that darned bill. Since when did we (meaning I) decide being slightly uncomfortable was unacceptable? So I admit it: I'm spoiled. And I like it. Many thanks to the Powers That Be for letting me live on the earth during the Age of Thermostats.

A new decision for the month of June: turn on the A/C when I'm hot.

I think I'm going to like it.

p.s. Please welcome the Blog Roll to my sidebar. I finally clenched my teeth and spent some extra time on blog upkeep tonight. Also, lots of family fun this weekend--update coming soon.

5 comments:

Erin said...

The lovely summer bills of St. George. I guess its the price you pay for early summer. I really love your header picture, the kiddos are so fun to watch and are super cute!

jen said...

Yeah, it got hot in a hurry!

P.S. I LOVE that picture up top!

HeatherStout said...

p.s. thanks for teaching me:)

HeatherStout said...

Yay! Now we can hang out at your house:) Love that top picture.

Rachel said...

Ummm.... where is my blog link on the side??? Have you crossed us off your list already???

Cute theme. Love the monkeys... my sources tell me you like monkeys :)