Leif's family came to stay and play with us this weekend; although, I'm not sure it wasn't warmer weather rather than us that brought them south. :) Either way, we had some good times. Everybody went hiking at Red Cliffs on Friday, and then the boys hiked and
geocached on the "H" on the Hurricane hill later. I had a short race (2.5 miles) on Saturday morning, but Leif and De wanted to get out and have fun first thing in the morning, so they went geocaching before the race, and then they and Jed, Ane, and Nancy went hiking to some caves out by Sky Ranch in the afternoon. We had an Easter egg hunt with my family at the Woodbury orchards. I realized that filling and hiding Easter eggs is definitely one of my favorite things in the world to do. And to watch the kids discover them....priceless! Nelson, Jed, De, and Ane went home late Saturday night so De could catch his Sunday morning flight in SLC, but Nancy, Leona and boys stayed until Sunday afternoon, enjoying conference and some backyard play time.
Some conference highlights for me:
-"Your actions speak so loudly, I cannot hear what you say"
-Do not invite in and definitely do not serve tea to unholy thoughts
-"We did not doubt, our mothers knew it"
-so many spiritual and touching stories told
-so many incredible testimonies of Jesus shared
I love being spiritually fed and refreshed at conference time.
Good weekend! But why does it always have to end with Leif leaving us for the week??? Sadness. Let's look at some pictures to be happy.







7 comments:
Glad you had family for Easter and Conference. We really missed you guys and had no one (or rather CHOSE not to) share our big Easter ham dinner with.
4 weeks to go....but who's counting ???
That is great. Looks like it was a fun weekend!
I love it. We had Target baskets too, but we got the chick and the flower ones. PS: CUTE kiddos.
That looks like some fun hiking around there...we may have to make a stop sometime :)
And I sooooo don't blame you (regarding your comment on my blog :) Honestly, when I think of complaining about a pregnancy, i think of you, and feel better for me, but worse for you! Sorry, sort of a strange way to say it, but that helps me :) Although, now we don't get to race to see you goes into labor first --
Those are the cutest kids ever!
We had so much fun we definitely came down to see you guys (the warm weather was definitely a perk, it was so hard coming home though, it snows about every day still!)
anyway, we loved playing and hiking with you guys and the boys keep asking to go back to gavin's house! we already miss you!
Uh, noooo, we didn't come for the warm weather more than to visit you! I'm the girl that likes to wear hoodies, sweatshirts, flannel shirts and wants to move to Alaska, remember? The hikes, the scenery, the great meals we made and ate together, the egg hunt, watching the race, getting to spend a little time with your folks, stealing your bed for three nights{:[...it was ALL about spending time with YOU! (In case you didn't already know it, we think you are wunderbar!
Post a Comment