January: starting the year off right
I realize that some of these are repeats, but our old laptop crashed and I'm having a difficult time locating where everything was backed up. And chances are you've forgotten those pictures anyway. Looking back over the year's photographs has been an eye-opening experience for me. We were all over the place in 2009! We had visitors come play with us in Austin, we made a visit to Oklahoma, we vacationed at the beach, we drove and/or flew to and from Utah several times for funerals, vacations, family reunions, and to make a new residence at my parents' house and then at our could-be-temporary residence at this house. I logged hundreds of miles running the streets and trails of Austin and Utah training for the S.G. marathon. Leif logged/is logging hundreds of miles driving to and from northern Utah for work, leaving me feeling like a single mom A LOT, and also leaving me feeling like a big fat weenie compared to my sister and mom of 3 whose husband's 8-month tour in Iraq won't end for a while yet.As I anticipate 2010's adventures, I see foot racing, children chasing, career building, house moving, cruise taking, testimony building, and memory making for us. And after reading Elder's Holland's amazingly powerful article in this month's Ensign entitled The Best is Yet to Be, I say bring it on. I'm looking to the future. New Year's resolution in a nutshell.

11 comments:
Good for you sweetie!
It's great to see your pictures in a sweep like that. Cuties. Happy 2010!
I miss you...come "home" already! I am running the zooma half at the end of march...but i feel like my other half is lost!
rad idea! i might steal it.
I love how in November the kids didn't even need jackets. Cute pics!
Very cute recap! What an eventful year. Hope you guys are feeling settle in your new place- what city are you guys actually in?
Very cute pics by the way!
Cute idea Melis.
Can't wait to "make more memories" with you guys in May!!!
Miss you, as always.
good recap. I approve. You should listen the rest of that talk-he gave it at a BYU devotional last January and it's called "Remember Lot's Wife" it's on the BYU speeches website. There's a part at the end where he talks about when he and his wife were in college that I LOVE. You'll have to let me know what you think
Well, if Natalie approves then it must be good. Except that first picture, I don't like it and I don't know why. I feel like I've never seen you guys kiss, can that be possible?? Anyway, here's to a year of putting lots and lots of miles on those scrawny legs of yours!
Wow! Your kids are so darling! Looks like you had a really eventful 2009. Best of luck this year. Elder Holland's talk was very powerful! It is good to see you...on your blog.
How did the race go Saturday? Hopefully well! :)
Post a Comment