$4.34: amount of money in coins I found inside my cereal box this morning. And no, it wasn't a General Mills box prize incident (unfortunately), but the most recent ruse my children came up with to keep me on my toes.
Other newfangled toddler and not-so-toddler-anymore mischief:
Case Number 1: The Snowman.
I was doing my hair in the bathroom when Gavin came running in saying, "It's a snowman!" They had taken the sugar, salt, and flour from the pantry, poured a little of each on the kitchen floor, and "piled" them up. Sure enough. A snowman.
Case Number 2: The Give and Take.
Anything Gavin may or may not want, Paige steals. Then she runs. And he chases and claims. And she growls and gnashes her teeth and sometimes finishes up with several self-inflicted head bangs against the floor. And then she cries because, let's face it, that hurts.
Case Number 3: The Triple Bath.
A regular bath time routine ends with Gavin staying in the water till Paige gets dressed, then the water is drained and Gavin gets dressed. Everybody all clean, right? Not so much on this particular night. I washed Paige, dried, diapered, and lotioned her, and pajama-ed her up real nice. And for an oh-so-brief moment I let her escape while I tended to something. Of course you know that I found her back in the bathtub, but did you know that Gavin had escaped, and did you know that he had left a certain smelly surprise in the water, and did you know that I had to re-bathe them both? If you know my kids, you would be saying, "I'm surprised Paige wasn't eating the poop and that Gavin wasn't peeing on her head."
Yep. Definitely always on my toes. They should be leaving wads of twenties in my Chex.
11 comments:
I am glad that my kids are not the only mischief ones.
Thanks to your post Carter will be an only child.
oh my goodness! luckily my kids have NEVER gotten into the flour or sugar or any kind of ingredient and dumped it out over the floor...i know, i've been lucky! i'm not saying their perfect, they have their own little tricks! we are definitely going to have an adventure this Christmas with 4 little, mischievous ones running around! i am soo excited!
Y-u-c-k-y!! :) in a funny cute kind of way. :)
How did I get my weekly gut laugh? (everyone's gotta have it, you know)Reading your blog!! I sure wouldn't want to clean up the messes, but your telling makes them worthy of a movie someday...
Have a wonderful Christmas - we'll be missing all you Utah family (I'm definitely feeling lonesome for the Bench clan this year), but loving the warmth down south with our mob!
Hugs,
Auntie Karla
Your friend Jen should realize that some of these things are specific to YOUR children, not all children! Of course it's all hilarious, and that's only because I wasn't even remotely involved in the clean-up of any baking ingredients or bodily fluids...or solid masses.
I love it! It makes my days look fairly normal. It also makes me sad I can't see them in person.
Thanks for the laugh!
It's these times that make us ask "WHY ME???"
Poop in the tub is NO fun! Adalyn never did that, but Bridger on the other hand thinks its a very fun game. I definitely think you need twenties in your Chex. :)
I Absolutely love all your stories! It's a lot easier to laugh when it's not your kids doing the mischief!
Thanks for the email by the way and nope we're not coming for Christmas- hope you have a nice holiday though :)
Take care!
That is hilarious! Thanks for sharing a bit of their quirks and being able to have enough perspective to be writing about it all! They're so cute that it all is worth it! :)
Emily
You need a twenty for sure. Of all the moms I know, you definately are one who deserves to be paid on a regular basis. Gotta love those two:)
Post a Comment