Sunday, November 1, 2009

farewell October, hope we did you proud

so I'm looking through my picture folders and remembering all the things I was "going to" blog about and never did. so I think I'm going to cram as much of October's debris into one massive lump here where I was going to blog about just Halloween. do you mind?

October 3rd: St. George Marathon. you've already heard plenty about this one.

October 6 - 11: play with Leif's fam in Uintah Basin while De is in town from Oklahoma. (prairie dog hunting, spear fishing, rock skipping, dead tree tipping, paintball shooting, game playing, pumpkin picking, picture taking, & lots of eating.)


Photo and video editing at www.OneTrueMedia.com


October 12 - 18: pancakes, a football game, errands, P90X, movies, family picnic, surprise party for Kaelee, and Gavin stayed in nursery all by himself first time ever without screaming hysterically!


October 21: Mel and kids quick trip to Sands to visit mighty hunters.


October 24: Halloween scavenger hunt/party with old friends--super fun!

October 27: temple with Leif (remember when we lived outside of Utah and had to "travel" to the temple, make an appointment, and hire a babysitter for 6 hours? thanks, Utah. )

October 10 and 19: corn mazes and pumpkin patches with Burtons and Woodburys respectively. (I need your pictures, Leona! :) )



October 31: family Halloween party, complete with spook alley, way too much food, and highly entertaining costumers


tinkerbell, a baseball player, a punk (check out those awesome fake tattoos!), and a pirate (who surprisingly kept the eye patch, hat, & earring on all night, but he ditched the hook & the sword.)



(Nat: you've gotta see Casey & Heather's costumes, hopefully on her blog soon. sorry I didn't have pics. you also missed Alanea as Elvis.)

October 29: Paige's birthday highlights.





I have a feeling that November is going to be just as busy as its predecessor because this is what's on the docket tomorrow:

November 2: move into new house, keeping fingers crossed that it doesn't sell and we get to stay longer than 3 months!

6 comments:

Yomama said...

Okay, wow - I thought I checked in you often enough to keep up; apparently there's no keeping up with you! But there was plenty see and smile about-thanks for keeping those of us in the distance feeling close with your oh, so fun blog! (And with a temple only 10 minutes from home, I forget how hard it can be to go; thanks for the humbling reminder that everyone can't go every week!)
Good luck with the new house and all that goes with it - Ben and Ems are still waiting, but a couple of weeks should do it.
Hugs,
Auntie Karla

Cheryl said...

what a fun - and busy - month! happy birthday little paige!!

Nat said...

thank you! you're the only one that listened to my request to post halloween pictures, and then you went above and beyond with that whole october synopsis. I'm sad I missed it, I almost drove down but Thanksgiving is close enough I guess. see you in a couple weeks

Jed and Leona said...

I know! I know! I am the worst at getting pictures burned to a CD and mailed, just ask my sis! When I get back home (we're in Kentcky right now) I will make it my number 1 priority (though you may have to text me every day to remind me like my sis does!!!)
So glad we were all able to get together and good luck with your house, that is so exciting!

Kaelee said...

This was fun. I didn't know you got a picture of Paige with her headband on, that silly girl. Love her laugh!

Melodi said...

I CANNOT believe how big Paige is looking and she's already 1. Time sure flies. And you're moving into a rental then? We obviously need to catch up :). One of these days I should drive down there and stay with my grandpa and hook up with you!