Wednesday, June 10, 2009

oklahoma city and more

last weekend we decided to take a quick trip to Oklahoma City to see Leif's brother and his wife before De's work schedule doesn't allow weekend visitors. Leif worked late every day last week so we could leave Friday morning, but since it took us 8 hours to get there we just relaxed and visited Friday night.

"Uncle De" and "Uncle Kat," as Gavin calls them, were awesome to babysit so Leif and I could go to the temple Saturday morning, then we hit some garage sales, picnicked at a park, grilled some yummy food, and just hung out and watched a movie. we went to the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial on Sunday before church, and then we had to hit the road, stopping on the way home to visit Halie & Michael and Holly & Bob, which was lovely. the kids slept pretty well on the way home, and we rolled back into Austin at 2:30 a.m. so tired. thanks for a fun weekend, De & Kat! wish we could have stayed longer.

the Bombing Memorial was pretty cool, but we went during the day, and apparently it looks pretty amazing at night. I stayed up way too late Monday night reading about the bombing on wikipedia.


JMorris Photography, Richmond, VA, USA


Paige enjoying the Memorial

some other fun:







6 comments:

Amber said...

It looks like super (if quick) fun!

jen said...

Sounds like a busy trip!!

I can't believe how big your kids are getting.

Rachel said...

When I lost Gavin in the water pad I just looked for the prancing and found him quickly :)
Glad you finally got a "weekend AWAY"

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for coming up to visit! We know it is a struggle to do that long drive with kids, so it makes us feel extra special that you did it anyway. :)

Halie and Michael said...

We finally went up to see the memorial this friday and were able to see it just as the sun went down and it was pretty cool. It was so fun to see you guys if only for just a bit on the way home!

Yomama said...

Lots of good stuff to comment on, but I'll have to condense to this: I'm sorry, but my favorite thing on your li'l videos (at this point, even more fave than the adorable chilluns I can't wait to meet)is your laugh! Your laugh, Meliss, is a chart-topper - hope I get to hear it (and get to know those adorable chilluns) soon...Please say you are all gonna make it to the reunion! I saw that you and the kids are likely, but what will we do without Leif??? Tell his employer(?) to deal with THAT kind of guilt...
Sure do love y'all,
Auntie Karla