I went to cafe rio with the fam tonight, and I got to thinking about how everyone is obsessed with the place and decided I think it is a little over-rated. WAIT! before you throw darts at me, listen to my reasons:
1. always a long line. every time I've been there.
2. I have a hard time enjoying my meal when I feel so claustrophobic.
3. their dressing makes my lips feel like they're going to fall off.
now, don't get me wrong, my pork salad was delicious, but I'd rather go to bajio where I feel less stressed about the whole situation. also, I know the artist who does bajio's artwork, so I may be a littled biased because I like to say to whomever I'm with, "I know the guy who painted that," as if it makes me cooler or something. www.bajiomexicangrill.com
10 comments:
I hate to disagree with you Melis, but I like Cafe Rio so much better. Bajio always tastes dry to me (plus, they don't have the barbacoa pork burrito, that I LOVE). Granted, it is always crowded, but that just shows how GOOD it is!
Ditto
I say Cafe Rio hands down! I usually go during non-busy times, and I love their house dressing. And I don't know who did the artwork at Bajio. Otherwise I might like Bajio better.
I would have to agree that Cafe Rio is overrated. I do love eating that type of food, however, there are like 10 or more places in Utah that are practically the same.
So I went to Cafe Rio today so I feel that I should have some clout in my comment :) We went at 12:45 and walked right up and ordered, no line. No claustrophobia b/c it wasn't very busy. As far as your lips go...never heard of that problem with their dressing. I for sure think Cafe Rio should win. Order ahead of time, pick it up and eat it at home is one idea. Am I being too harsh here :)To me flavor and food should win over aura. But I will admit, in my mind it was better than when I ate it...you know 6 months of waiting for Cafe Rio you start to grow wild taste ideas in your head :)
You are so lucky I'm half way around the world and a bad aim because you would be in a lot of pain right now from the dart in your forehead. There is no comparison. Bajio's rice isn't that great and the chicken is cut in too big of pieces so I can't fit one whole one in my mouth but don't want to take the time to cut every piece of chicken. Also, the dressing at Cafe Rio does not want to make your lips fall off. It's good, dang it. Now take it back, all of it!
where is the answer "BOTH" are good?
I know I have eaten at both, but I don't remember which one I like better.
Sorry, I don't have enough experience or opinion to vote, but I sure love to read your well-backed opinions on things!
Hugs,
Auntie K
I love Bajio for one reason: the salad with shrimp(I forget what it is called)!
Too bad we don't have either here, so it's been a while since I've had Cafe Rio. I've never had Bajio...so my vote is easy. Cafe Rio is scrumptious. I pretty much agree with all of the other commenters. People like to try to make the copycat version, which is also good. I'm getting hungry just thinking about all of this!
Post a Comment