The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova; A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly. Those are my two suggestions for now. And Happy Birthday Leif!! Have that baby.
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova; A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly. Those are my two suggestions for now. And Happy Birthday Leif!! Have that baby.
Congratulations on finishing school!! Have you read Shannon Hale's 'Book of 1000 Days' yet? I really enjoyed that one -- and her 'Princess Academy' and the 'Goose Girl' trilogy. And of course anything by L.M. Montgomery is great in my book. :D
Gavin is the cutest little boy I have ever seen too. I can have two, I just haven't told you yet! Oh and so there wont be any confusion, your little girl will be the cutest baby, I am just sure of it.
congrats on being done with school. I couldn't be more jealous. I'm the worst student I have ever been in my life this semester and I don't even care. weird feeling. and also congrats on being able to read whatever you want. that's big. have you ever heard of the twilight series? I don't really know, but I hear people like them so maybe you could try those. ha ha. I have no suggestions since I too have not been able to read a book of my choosing for years. and about sienna and paige....I don't know. I like them both. at first I didn't like sienna because when I hear it I always think of vienna sausages and those are gross. but I think I am over that, so I approve of either.
I just finished a really good book called The Electric Universe. It is a non-fiction about the history of electricity of all things but it is actually quite a page turner.
Why you gotta be all tough like that, Meliss? You may enjoy that stuff someday... Actually, you might enjoy Stephenie Meyers' "The Host" if you haven't sworn off her for good. It's more sci-fi, not particularly predictable ending...terribly long, though - you might want something better for recovery and nursing, like "Les Miserables" (still my all time fave)... Good work, now good luck! Hugs, Auntie Karla
Wow, I must be my mother's daughter because I was also going to suggest "The Host." It's not at all like Twilight and has a lot more depth to it. It's a pretty good read.
I'm not sure if you're looking for something really light and easy and fun, but Sophie Kinsella has some pretty good books. I'm not a huge fan of the Shopaholic books, but "The Undomestic Goddess" is awesome, as well as "Can You Keep a Secret?"
If you want something a little deeper/emotional/long, John Steinbeck's "East of Eden" is VERY good. It's really long, but definitely worth it.
I'm about to start a book for my book club called "The Accidental Tourist" so I'll let you know how that is.
Hope that helps! Those have been some of my favorites this year. :) And good job finishing school! Feels nice, huh?
12 comments:
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova; A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly. Those are my two suggestions for now. And Happy Birthday Leif!! Have that baby.
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova; A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly. Those are my two suggestions for now. And Happy Birthday Leif!! Have that baby.
Congratulations on finishing school!! Have you read Shannon Hale's 'Book of 1000 Days' yet? I really enjoyed that one -- and her 'Princess Academy' and the 'Goose Girl' trilogy. And of course anything by L.M. Montgomery is great in my book. :D
Gavin is the cutest little boy I have ever seen too. I can have two, I just haven't told you yet! Oh and so there wont be any confusion, your little girl will be the cutest baby, I am just sure of it.
congrats on being done with school. I couldn't be more jealous. I'm the worst student I have ever been in my life this semester and I don't even care. weird feeling. and also congrats on being able to read whatever you want. that's big. have you ever heard of the twilight series? I don't really know, but I hear people like them so maybe you could try those. ha ha. I have no suggestions since I too have not been able to read a book of my choosing for years. and about sienna and paige....I don't know. I like them both. at first I didn't like sienna because when I hear it I always think of vienna sausages and those are gross. but I think I am over that, so I approve of either.
I don't have any recommendations, but I'll be checking back to steal the ones you get:) A Northern Light (Kaelee's pick) is well worth the read.
I just finished a really good book called The Electric Universe. It is a non-fiction about the history of electricity of all things but it is actually quite a page turner.
Love,
Kat
Why you gotta be all tough like that, Meliss? You may enjoy that stuff someday... Actually, you might enjoy Stephenie Meyers' "The Host" if you haven't sworn off her for good. It's more sci-fi, not particularly predictable ending...terribly long, though - you might want something better for recovery and nursing, like "Les Miserables" (still my all time fave)...
Good work, now good luck!
Hugs, Auntie Karla
Wow, I must be my mother's daughter because I was also going to suggest "The Host." It's not at all like Twilight and has a lot more depth to it. It's a pretty good read.
I'm not sure if you're looking for something really light and easy and fun, but Sophie Kinsella has some pretty good books. I'm not a huge fan of the Shopaholic books, but "The Undomestic Goddess" is awesome, as well as "Can You Keep a Secret?"
If you want something a little deeper/emotional/long, John Steinbeck's "East of Eden" is VERY good. It's really long, but definitely worth it.
I'm about to start a book for my book club called "The Accidental Tourist" so I'll let you know how that is.
Hope that helps! Those have been some of my favorites this year. :) And good job finishing school! Feels nice, huh?
I love all of shannon Hales books, I would definatly reccomend them.
I love all of shannon Hales books, I would definatly reccomend them.
I just finished The Book Thief...which I really liked....thanks for some other recommendations though.
Post a Comment