every day I watch the 7-day forecast praying for a below-90* day. well, folks, I may get my wish this weekend, thanks to hurricane ike! keep your fingers crossed for me! (as long as my 88 degrees don't come at the sacrifice of people's safety, of course.)
I am just a li'l tired of being so flippin' HOT all the time, that's all. leif freezes at night while I sleep uncovered and directly under the fan. a few days ago, my leg actually got cold enough while I slept that it woke me up, but all I thought was, "aaahhhh. my leg is cold. that feels so good." and I went back to sleep without covering myself.
ah, the joys of being pregnant in the extended summers of texas.
and while we're on the subject, does anyone have any brilliant ideas about what we should name this baby girl????? we might need some help. :)
9 comments:
I have a baby name book if you need to borrow!
I will have to think about the name thing. I have a few but I like them too much right now, but I will think of some cute ones I am not in love with. That sounds selfish I know, I am sorry. BTW we really should make a trip after the baby comes. It would be so much fun. I will talk to Chet and we will start planing now so it can be possible.
Yeah... I'm hoping for fall to come quickly. I always feel sorry for myself as I am walking home from the bus stop in the blazing heat, but now I can think to myself, "well, at least I'm not pregnant." I feel better knowing there is at least ONE person in Austin more miserable than me. :)
I favor Biblical names: Rachael & Naomi are current favorites. We struggled with naming Daniel; he wasn't named (first & middle) until Friday morning, & he was born Wednesday morning. :) Good Luck!!
I was hoping you were planning to name her "Ike" when I read the title of your post. It's cooling down here... you should come visit!
I feel bad about the heat, there's nothing worse than being pregnant during those summer months. Sounds like your husband is as woosey as mine was. And, you already have my brilliant girl name!
I wish I could send you our barely 70 degree weather. I can only imagine how miserable you are. You need to give us some parameters on baby names--do you want it to start with a G? be 5 letters long? against odd names? more traditional? I'm sure you'll be overloaded with everyone's ideas now. Some of our favorites--Lily, Sara, Juliet, Lydia. I'll think more on that.
Matt said to use that one name so that we can't. Our weather is also awesome, not to brag or anything. Everytime I come to your blog I can't believe how cute and innocent Gavin looks! The cute part is definitely true but I know better about the innocent part!
I love coming up with girl names, but also want to know what kind of names you like. I have a book that gives good tips on how to fit the names with your last names, your other kid's name, etc. Let me know if you want more info about that.
Post a Comment