I was just listening to robert frost online reading some of his poetry and realized how cool it was and how much it changed the exact words I had just read on the page.
then gavin started jabbering so loudly that I was having problems hearing the reading, and it hit me that my baby's voice will always be so much sweeter than any words spoken by even an amazing poet.
yeah, it's pretty great bein' a mom. I think this second one might be worth all the trouble too. we'll see. :)
(if you want to enjoy the experience, go here to listen to one of his most famous poems the road not taken.)
10 comments:
Melissa congrats on baby #2! Do you know if it's a boy or girl? I'm going private with my blog, so if you want to join up, leave me your e-mail.
I have to admit I think I will miss Beth's little voice when she grows up. I love to hear her singing at the top of her lungs... just not at 8:30 in the morning outside my bedroom door :)
I love when realizations like that hit me, it puts everything into perspective. What a sweet boy, we wanna see him!
Melissa
Your family is so cute and you look THE EXACT SAME as you did in high school! :) Good Luck with you next baby! I get really sick too so I know how bad it sucks to have to take medicine to TRY and feel better and STILL be the Mom/Wife/Cook/Cleaning Lady etc. Your Mom Rocks for coming out to help you! Take Care
Amberly
That is a good realization and something I hope I will come to realize too. I love how you are so thoughtful and think of the sweetest things like that. And speaking of thoughtful your card to chet on his birthday was cute and you are always thinking of everyone else.
P.S. I just showed Casey the Gavin videos and he loved them! What a funny kid!
Hey, Its Jenn Hanson, I just wanted to say hello, it was so cute to see your pictures of your cute family, your boy is so cute! Hope you don't mind if I check in once in a while, Jenn
Hey, so its Jenn again and after I commented I thought I think ive already left a comment on her blog and forgot, so i'm kinda embarrased about forgetting, so sorry about that, you could not let this one show up if you want to.
I agree completely. As I'm typing this Reid is testing his vocal capacity by shouting excitedly as loud as he can. I love his voice and I know I sound ridiculous as I repeat all of the sounds that he makes. Thanks for this post, I thought it was very poignant and reminded me how important it is to appreciate the little things.
I really love Robert Frost, so your comment was especially rich for me - Oh, how I wish we could preserve those little voices in our heads to replay when we miss them later... Your blog is wonderful and so are you. Yep, even you, Leiferdoodles! Love you all, Auntie Karla
Post a Comment