Tuesday, April 29, 2008

mommy, I don't feel good.

so my mom came to austin for 12 days to be my live-in maid/babysitter/cook/nurse, and it was wonderful. I called her after I got to bein' a pregnant sickie and asked if she would come help me with all of the aforementioned duties. although I was pretty sickly, we still did some "fun" things 'cause I didn't want her first impression of austin to be completely negative. we went to mount bonnell to get a good view of the city, to town lake to see the beautiful trail and feed the ducks/birds/turtles, to san antonio to see the alamo and the riverwalk, and to a local favorite restaurant named chuy's. but mostly we just hung out, meaning I laid on the couch while she took care of gavin, did my laundry, cleaned my house, and made meals. I wish it could have been more fun, mom, but I hope you know how much I needed and appreciated your help. thank you! thank you! thank you!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

it's nice that she could come help you!

HeatherStout said...

Yeah, thanks for stealing our cook/babysitter!