Wednesday, April 30, 2008

and then there were more....

2 days after my mom left, leif jumped a plane to cozumel to join his bros/dad for a guys' week out, and nancy, leona, and boys came to my house to play. our checklist of fun included the san antonio zoo, the austin children's museum, the swimming pool, zilker park, the hula hut, and san marcos' wonder world. it was nice to have the girls here the week leif was gone. they kept me busy enough to keep my mind semi-off constant nausea. I think it was a successful trip. they left sunday morning. I drove to houston to pick up leif sunday afternoon, and we had a nice trip home talking each other's ears off about our weeks. now we have a week of normal again before our third batch of visitors come. leif's sis, her husband, and his other sis come next week. it's so fun having visitors! if you would like to see what all the hoopla is about, go ahead and get your name on the burton visitors list. :)

I was glad to have started a new anti-nausea medication that seemed to help more than the old one because we were busy! although it was still kinda rough on me and I definitely was not my "normal" self. however, for some reason the past 3 days I have been feeling severely yucky again. go figure. I am 13 weeks along now, so hopefully this crummy stage will let up soon. I know I've been a gigantic slacker on my blog, but if my house and family have to suffer for my sickness, you better believe my hobbies have to too! only a week and a half until school is done! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am about that.



3 comments:

AJ said...

Ooh, how do we get on the Burtons' visiting list? We would love to have any or all of ya'll come see us. Oh, and I love Gavin's monkey leash thing. I am totally going to have to get one for Stella. Good luck with the nausea and sickness, hopefully it leaves soon so you can have tons of energy to finish school!

HeatherStout said...

Okay, where did Baby Gavin go? He's so grown up!!! He and Caleb would have so much fun together.

Lynn said...

Try drinking mint tea for the nausea. Glad to here about the new one coming.