gotta love the sideways pic.
I had to turn in my art portfolio on tuesday, and I am proud to say that all 4 of my pieces were "wall worthy." our prof. looked at each drawing and decided whether or not it was good enough to be put on the wall. most students only had 3 drawings, and some of them didn't make the cut. I know, I'm bragging, but this art stuff is completely new (and scary!) territory for me, so I think it's ok that I'm proud of my work. :) leif makes me show him my new stuff after class every day--I feel like a 1st grader. it's good for me to be expanding my horizons.
(insert picture here. sorry, I'm too chicken to share my art with you. maybe I'll post the pic of the naked lady I get to draw at the end of the semester.)
for our ward's playgroup yesterday we had an easter egg hunt at my house. I didn't get any great pictures, but you get the idea. I helped gavin get a few eggs, and then I ran in the house to grab my camera, and when I came back, gavin's basket was empty! kids get really ambitious when it comes to grabbing free candy (who can blame them?). gavin couldn't care less, so he ended up with only 1 egg, which was fine by me 'cause I would have eaten all of his chocolate anyway!
my family always does a fun easter saturday, complete with egg hunt, delicious food (I want my mom's potato salad!), and fun and games with cousins. holidays always make me homesick.
he's becoming really attached to "baby tad," the frog that goes to bed with him. he insisted that tad sit with him while he ate. today tad smells like syrup. I wish he would get attached to something smaller and less awkward to hold.
I love this funny kid.
.
5 comments:
I wish I could have made it to play group yesterday. I knew it was going to be great... but of course you know when we all got up so it wasn't going to happen.
If anyone can relate to the syrup smelling Tag...it's us! Remember when Beth had to eat with her blankie and her 2 babies? Syrup was the least of our worries :)
P.S. Unfortunately I HATE brussel sprouts. My British grandma makes them and I don't like them....of course maybe you have a better recipe for them.
I'm glad that life is going great and that your art class is fun for you. It's nice to stretch ourselves in new directions. Have a wonderful Easter weekend and enjoy some of that warm weather for me!!
gavin is growing up so much, he looks like a little boy now and not so much an older baby (if that makes any sense).
we had an easter egg hunt today with our playgroup, but i am so jealous of you guys (and always will be) because we had to do ours indoors due to COLD and WINDY weather :(
that is so cool that you are taking an art class, it is definitely different! i don't care much for the naked lady but i'd like to see some other art you've done. it's ok to brag!
I thought you fell off the face of the earth. It's good to see a post again. That kid is so cute and I'm jealous of your beautiful weather. Wish we could see you soon.
Emmi
Happy Easter Melis! I want to see your art. Please?
Post a Comment