Sometimes parenting is pretty rough business.
Last Saturday, Gavin developed a fever that continued all day, getting up to 104.5 before we took him to urgent care. No flu, but maybe ear infection, so the doc put him on a 10-day antibiotic. Sunday, 104.5 again. Monday morning his temp. was 106! Leif threw him in a cold shower with me, which definitely was not Gavin's idea of fun.
We watched his fever so carefully all day. Tylenol/ Ibuprofen every 4 hours. Since it was 93 degrees outside, we decided to go swimming, which Gavin loved despite the cold water (which was good for his fever, no doubt). He hardly slept that night 'cause he was screaming his head off, so we made an apt. Tuesday morning. Doc said he had a nasty virus that's been going around. Symptoms include high fever and severe headache (which explains the all-night scream fest).
Poor kid.
I'm pretty sure we're in the clear today.
Oh, happy day.
.
1 comment:
POOR BABY! I'm sorry he's had such a hard time (and you too!). But I'm glad it's all over :)
Post a Comment