Tuesday, October 30, 2007

birthday surprise

Last Thursday was Leif's birthday, so I decided to throw him a little surprise, and it worked! Like a charm--he had no idea. It was kinda tricky to pull it off since a lot of what he does for work is at home, but finally he left the house & I ran around like a crazy person and had the Jensens come early to help me (thank you, thank you).

We had a fun Halloween-style meal and just chit-chatted and such. I wasn't quite sure if Leif would really appreciate the party since he doesn't think his birthday is anything worth celebrating, but he enjoyed it and was very grateful, so I felt like my efforts weren't wasted! Happy birthday, dude! I love you!



Leif's cousin, Megan--she's a cutie.

p.s. you can give him a hard time about being 28 if you wanna.

2 comments:

Jed and Leona said...

Happy birthday Leif. We are such horrible people. Jed never remembers any of his families birthdays. I need to write them all down on my calendar so we will remember. Sorry about that guys...it's not too bad being 28...try being 31 (jed is)! It doesn't bug him though. Anyway, Happy Birthday!

Melissa Scott said...

I love the decor... Happy Birthday Leif!! Does he struggle with getting older? Matt is having a hard time and i just laugh. When he turned 26 i told everyone he was 27 because for a year he kept saying, "i might as well be 26 because i am practictly there already." Needless to say his birthday is in September and he started saying that in October, so can you see how i could get his age mixed up?