Thursday, November 1, 2007

October: A Month of Fun

October was a good month for us:

1. We enjoyed some friends' Oktoberfest-ivities, which included 3-legged racing, apple bobbing, and root beer tasting.

2. Our ward did a chili cook-off/trunk-or-treat, which Leif and I dressed up for, and I completely forgot to take pictures! I thought we would just get pics on Halloween, but then we didn't wear our costumes that day. Bummer. I got Gavin's lion costume from Savers about a month ago, hoping it would fit him. Well, the pants ended up being capris on him, he wouldn't wear the paws, and I lost the brown face make-up I was going to use for a lion's nose, but I think he still looked adorable!

3. Gavin and I had fun preparing for Leif's Halloween birthday party (see previous post for more details).

4. We did Halloween dinner with Lance and Rach: meal-in-a-pumpkin, yummy sweet potato rolls, homemade root beer, and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. After trick-or-treating, we watched Hitchcock's "The Birds," laughing at the "scary" parts and snoozing during the slow parts, which were plentiful. Pretty dumb ending to the movie, but terrific ending to a great month!

Watch out November--here we come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gavin looks so cute as a lion, and Leif's is the scariest costume I've ever seen!

Rachel said...

Was October EVERYTHING we thought it would be? It was definitely busy, busy, busy! Our best moments in October were spent with you...(wink wink) We look forward to starting November off right tonight with you guys!

Jed and Leona said...

the pictures are really cute and it sounded like you had a fun october. but i'm most impressed with the whole slide show! well done! reid likes it too, we have to watch it over and over again! he likes to see the 'scaries' (that's what he calls all of the Halloween decor)