Sunday, December 8, 2013

Let it snow, yo

I have some catching up to do, and I don't like it. I hate when things come and go and I don't immediately write about it, because then it feels forced--less authentic. I have birthdays and snow days and bad days to remember. For now, just a quick catch up to make me feel a little more settled . . .

We had a snow weekend. As in, it snowed here in the southwest corner of Utah more than I've ever seen in my over-30 years. As in, the snow didn't melt by noon. As in, it snowed relentlessly Saturday, and I ran eight miles in it. As in, church was canceled for a huge majority of wards in southern Utah, including ours. It was crazy and cold and memorable and happy. My kids really had so much fun with it. Gavin woke up to snow on his Wednesday birthday, but it did melt by noon, per typical once-or-twice-a-year snow we usually get. He loved it. But then the mother load rolled in Saturday. The whole Woodbury clan loaded up and descended on my parents' house, and there we sat--playing games and eating food and staying toasty-warm while the kids ventured in and out into the cold periodically throughout the day. What else were we to do?

This week brings a warming trend to put an end to this uniquity, but we sure had fun while it was here.

I spent the bulk of this morning organizing the kids' rooms. I have no delusions it will stay clean longer than 9:00a.m. tomorrow, but it still feels good to have it done. Totally what you should spend your Sunday morning doing when church has been canceled, huh? I'm so boring.

Some Christmas movie firsts this weekend: Elf (watch it), and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (definitely don't watch it).

I think there were pictures taken in the past week . . . by someone somewhere . . . we'll see if I can get my hands on some. I guess I don't take them anymore? Challenge accepted.

No comments: