Baker's
Dozen Half Marathon happened Saturday, and I got a huge PR! . . . It was
my slowest half marathon by a long way. But it was all about the fun,
right? And fun we did. The race director, Cory Reese, is famed for his
jumping pictures, so we jumped. A lot, and crazy like. I decided I
wanted to win the jumping award, so I found a quote by Taylor Swift that
said, "Fearless is having fear but jumping anyway," and I wrote it on
my shirt. Then I practiced some jumps the night before. No really, I am
actually that nerdy. I actually don't know who won that award? But I
feel like I should have? I did win a costume award, though,
surprisingly, so we're good with that.
After
the race, I took my finisher's medal to Uncle Mike and gave it to him
in honor of his finishing a year of chemotherapy. I told
him he had earned it, and we all cried. It was actually kind of hard to
give it up because it's the cutest medal I've ever gotten. Aunt Jean
lost her mom earlier this year, then Mike's mom, Grandma Jepson passed
away--all while their daughter is on an LDS mission . . . 2013 has been a
tough go for them, and they've been in my prayers a ton. Way to go, Uncle Mike; you truly deserved a medal.






1 comment:
Thanks for sticking with me! That is pretty sweet about you giving your medal to your uncle :) You are kind of a great person
Post a Comment