Sunday, September 29, 2013

They speak

Some fantastic things my kids said today:

Gavin:
"When I was 5, I hated going to church--HATED it! But now that I'm 6, I officially love it."

We were reading a superhero book, so I asked the kids about being a hero, and Gavin said, "I can be a church hero. I can read my scriptures, and be a missionary, and do nice things for people."

Paige:

We went on a walk this morning and saw Natalie Hutchings, who has a little boy in Paige's primary class. After I talked to Natalie and we'd kept going, Paige asked what Max's mom's name was, so I told her. She got so excited and said, "Natalie?! That's like our big sister Natalie! And Matt." Talking about my sister Natalie, Paige's aunt. It was funnier in person.

Dax:

His vocabulary has been growing a lot lately, even if it still sounds like gibberish to most people. My favorites: come here, fish, hello (when he's talking on a fake phone), choo choo, meow, and really.

No comments: