I got to drive the Beamer home, and after picking up the kids and busing them home with Leif, I hurried over to the General Relief Society broadcast, missing dinner but hearing all but one of the speakers. I was really touched by President Monson's story about a woman's act of service to someone she barely knew. It was just a loaf of homemade bread, but it signified God's love for the one lost sheep. I left feeling very inspired and beloved.
So after I got home, we went over to Casey and Heather's and played 21 for a bit--which naturally follows listening to the prophet--then we went home because my stomach was hurting so much and Dax wasn't feeling well. All in all, a good anniversary. Leif got me a running light and hat and a new set of scriptures, which I love, and I got him a cheesy shirt and made him a cheesecake. We go all out, don't you know.
Today, following *some advice from my chiropractor cousin Travis, I woke up to zero stomach pain. I wish I could tell you how good this felt. Ah, the relief! I couldn't breathe or walk or exercise or eat normally for 11 days, no matter what I did to try to alleviate the pain, so this was indeed a day of celebration. I still had to stay home from church, though, because Dax has a yucky cold that sure seems to be making him miserable.
Kaelee and Heather and I have been doing this six-week challenge to help us get back on track in lots of areas: physical, spiritual, familial, etc., and we finished today. It was a good challenge, but it will be nice not to have to track everything I do. I hope the habits I formed stick! Especially this week pre-marathon. Oh, immediate butterflies--the marathon is Saturday! I actually have been pushing it from my mind these past two sick weeks because I don't want to stress about it, but now that I'm feeling better and know that I can make it to the starting line, I'm excited slash terrified. Why doesn't it get easier? Well, it's because it's like childbirth: you actually do remember exactly what it was like, and yet you're doing it again, for what reason you cannot explain to anyone. Only those who have been there--and who have returned willingly--can understand. It's terrifying and painful and one of the hardest things you will ever do in your life and you won't know if you can finish . . . but then it's exhilarating and rewarding and you feel stronger and happier than you've ever been. I can't wait.
This week: kids' cavity fillings, neighborhood potluck, family photo session, soccer practice, piano lessons, homework, chores, meals, laundry (seriously, with the laundry), marathon preparations, marathon expo, the actual marathon, general conference. I'll try to keep up.
*I never know how much information to share. I want to be accurate with my journaling, but when I journal via public blog, I don't want to share super personal stuff like arguments with family members and embarrassing home remedies. If my grandkids ever get their hands on this, I feel like they'll want to know the "real" life, not just the bullet points and highlights. Suffice it to say, I've had plenty of bad mommy moments, family fights, crappy days, and embarrassing bodily problems.
![]() |
| Sleepover at Grandma's the night before |
![]() | |||
| Upper Emerald Pool. This is the Sleeping Rock, not to be confused with Weeping Rock. We didn't make it to that part of the canyon. |




2 comments:
Paige is awesome! Griffin and I are laughing at her birthday request. So cute! I'm hoping that you are still feeling better. :)
Happy Anniversary Friends!!
Post a Comment